Net curtains .....

26th October 2017 (Thursday) .....  08.30    There’s a cold wind, but that apart, it’s a nice morning... with some bonnie clouds around;   and plenty of blue sky. 
Jim, Monica, the birthday boy and Janice.
  I didn’t go down to the beach this morning;    I’m going to Kirkcaldy  to have browse around ASDA, then down to ‘Rejects’ to buy net curtains... and visit their Cafe!    Must ‘go’ .... slight ‘flap on’... I want to be in ASDA’s before it gets busy. 


21.00     ASDA’s was less crowded this morning ..... than it was when I was there a couple of weeks ago....  so I had a good browse around.... and bought some bits and pieces, though not too much as I’m going down to Sussex for Christmas and want the freezer empty.    However I couldn’t resist buying a huge box of ‘grass’, sometimes called Shredded Wheat’....and  a cod in parsley sauce, ready meal.    They do have a good choice of fish ready meals;   but not salmon and prawn fish pie..... which I’ve only ever seen in Tesco’s.    I also bought a few other items.   From ASDA I went down
West Wemyss from Dysart.
to ‘Rejects’ and bought the net curtains.    I’m not too keen on the pattern, but they are white, so, I may go back the next time I’m in Kirkcaldy and have a look at nets with a bigger ‘drop’:  today I went for the same ‘drop’ as the ones I have;  this limited the choice of pattern.

On the way out of Kirkcaldy I had to go to Dysart harbour for a browse around:  I didn’t have coffee in the Harbour master’s House Cafe.... I’d already had coffee in Rejects Cafe, and an iced apple turnover.

It was the ‘Drop in Cafe’ this afternoon, and we had cake to celebrate Jimmy’s 91st birthday... which was yesterday.   The Cafe was quiet today, which was disappointing.... I mean quiet as in numbers, not decibels.   The decibel level seems to
A 'clump' of mushrooms.
remain the same, regardless of the numbers present.... and it’s always a happy sound.  
 
I biked along to the Cafe this afternoon;   I’d had the bike out earlier to go up to Elie estate to photograph  a clump of mushrooms growing in a field.    They look like a type that I have seen before.... but never growing in a clump.     I can only assume that they were growing on a ‘cow pat’.  
 

Photographs : Top – Jimmy’s birthday celebration at the Drop in Cafe .... Jim, Monica, Jimmy and Janice, Middle – West Wemyss from Dysart, and Bottom – clump of fungi on Elie Estate.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....