"Bright and breezy" ... and so is the weather

2nd October 2017 (Monday) ....  09.00    Wellll ... we have a gorgeous ‘bright and very breezy’ morning.... a bit breezy for poodling about on the beach;  I
Elie pier.
was down there for the sunrise.   Now that I’ve had breakfast I’m wondering where to go for a walk .....  Chapel Green rocks could be interesting;   with places to shelter from the wind.


21.00    The senseless murder of innocent people in Las Vegas is hard to come to terms with.   My thoughts are with the innocent victims, and their families at this horrific time.... however, it’s going to take a lot more than ‘thoughts and prayers’ to sort out the evil in this world at this time.   Unfortunately we can’t un-invent gunpowder....  and guns:  so ... the powers that be will have to think of something else!.
Pittenweem.
I’ve had a busy day.... so busy that I’ve forgotten what I’ve been doing.    It began at sunrise ... in fact before sunrise, and I’ve never really stopped since.

I changed my ‘after breakfast plan’;   I’d intended going to Chapel Green rocks, but it was too windy for that, so I went to Pittenweem Braes, then walked halfway down the Coastal Path to West Shore, where I was sheltered from the wind ....  and got a few photos.     On the way home I went down to Elie Harbour;  it was wild down there, but I managed to get a few ‘shots’ of the water bashing over the pier.    I got back to Ivy to find Jimmy ensconced in the Hutte;  we had blether, and a cuppa;  that took up to midday.   Jimmy went off down to the harbour.

The weather was still amenable in the afternoon so I went up to Woodhaven, contemplating walking round the lighthouse etc but changed my mind;  the wind was around about F7-8, and that walk is totally exposed to the elements.   Got back to Ivy
Kite boarding kites.
to find Jimmy’s car moored up;  we had a cuppa, then Jimmy set off for home, and I went along to the Surgery for the ‘flu jab.    There were only five sweeties left in the tin;   note to self .... I must go along earlier next year!

When I was on my way down to the beach in the evening I found my elderly neighbour had locked himself out of his house.    I eventually managed to get in touch with his family, and they came along and let him in.


Photographs : Top – Elie pier, and distant rainbow, Middle – Pittenweem from the Fife Coastal Path, and Bottom – kite boarding kites  ... taken from Woodhaven car park.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....