Stunning morning ... not as windy .. ....

5th October 2017 (Thursday) ... 09.00    Stunning morning;  the wind has dropped to F3 or so, it’s ‘bright and sunny’ .... yes, definitely a stunning morning.... especially when you compare it with the recent, windy, mornings.    We (the Heron and
Sunrise.
me) didn’t have the beach all to ourselves;  the seaweed gatherers came down from Boat Wynd;   it must be  thought going out to the rocks some mornings;  even though they do have all the protective clothing!

It was a bonnie sunrise, but lack of broken, scattered clouds meant it wasn’t spectacular.    Having said that... it was worth being down there, just to experience the ‘magic’ that is an Elie and Earlsferry sunrise;  which is why I do it!

22.00    Today began with a splendid sunrise, and ended with a splendid, and peaceful sunset.... and the bit in between was splendid too ....all round, this has been a bonnie day;  in every way.... and I have enjoyed it.

Sunset time on the Ferry beach.
Jimmy came along in the morning, and we decided to go to Leven for a browse in the Charity shops;   I wanted some bedtime reading, Jimmy went and had a look in the Mobility shop.    When we were finished in the High Street we went to Sainsbury’s to have a cuppa.    The cafe was busy... it was getting near lunch time ... but we didn’t see anyone we knew.    We got a window seat, and enjoyed relaxing after a strenuous(?) morning!   We were back in Elie and Earlsferry at 12.45 .... just in time to have lunch.

When I’m having lunch I switch on the tele and watch the news.... well did I not fall asleep.     I remember looking at the clock at 13.50 and thinking...mmmm... “I have time for 50”.   The next thing I heard was the phone ringing and this was at 14 20 ....and the ‘Drop in Cafe’ opens at 14.15.    Not only did the phone waken me, it interrupted my dream... there was I, was in a room with all my girlfriends;  then the
Evening sunlight on Elie Granary.
phone rings.    Anyway I got into instant, ‘flap on mode’, and was up at the ‘Cafe’,...  having abandoned my ‘girlfriends’,... by 14.40.

As is the normal practice after the ‘Cafe’ I went down to the harbour to get a few late afternoon photos;  then I discovered that there wasn’t a card in the camera, so I had to go back to Ivy, pick up the card, then poodle back to the harbour.    It was worth the poodling around;  but the photos I got on the beach at sunrise, and sunset time were ‘bonnier’, so I have used them on the ‘Hutte’. 

The East Neuk is forecast to be ‘bright and sunny’ at first tomorrow, then clouding over and becoming cold, with spell of rain coming in later in the evening.  


Photographs : Top – Sunrise over the East links, Middle and Bottom - sunset time.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....