Lovely autumnal morning ....

27th October 2017 (Friday) ....  09.30      we have an absolute cracker of a morning;  there is a really lovely autumn  feel to the air, quite chilly in fact, with a
35 minutes before sunrise.
light northwest breeze.... one of those mornings when you will want to do things.    It was cold on the beach, but of course that was before the sun got ‘up’ to warm the air up.... having said that the wind will keep the temperature down a few degrees anyway.    I don’t have a ‘plan’ for today, but I feel like pruning a tree.... and I know the tree I want to prune;  the lilac tree in the front garden. 


20.30    Strangely enough I actually did some pruning, but not as much as I intended doing:   this was due to the fact that I had a catastrophe in the kitchen.   I dropped 1 litre container of milk.... and the cork sprung off!     I was able to pick the container off the floor before too much of the contents had escaped.... but the cleanup of the spillage took a while.    No doubt the kitchen will smell ‘off’ for a good few days, in spite of .... or maybe because of .... the disinfectant I washed the floor with.    I had to have a
The Dunblane rose.
cuppa after all the hassle.   So the lilac tree awaits pruning .... tomorrow.


We have had a lovely day, but the temperature has dropped considerably;  it feels more like winter.   In fact wintry showers are possible, on the high tops of the Highlands, for the next couple of days.   

Jimmy was down to his last 3 porridge cartons so we had to make an emergency trip to Leven to top up his stocks.    I bought ‘Blob’ food, and a packet of three sponges..... and, we didn’t have a cuppa in Sainsbury’s.

Tomorrow morning, first thing, I begin my chicken feeding mission.    Feeding hens is not what it used to be.... a few hands full of corn, a couple of times a day, and anything that they could forage from around the garden etc.    Today’s hens get especial mixtures of feed, for different times of the year (I’ve been ‘googling’) yoghurt, pasta, especial grit (none of the broken kitchen crockery, hammered into suitable grit sized pieces)... and greens.   Dandelion leaves are included in the
Sunset sky.
greens.... about the only thing that hasn’t  changed.   I have loads of dandelion leaves.    I wonder?    I was thinking that a couple of hens might help me with the weeding!    No .... that would need a couple of goats.

I went down to the beach at sunset time;  I had thought of going up to the golf course but there was a gale o’ wind blowing.    At least on the beach I can shelter in the lee of the bents.

Photographs : Top – Earlsferry half an hour before sunrise,  Middle – the Dunblane rose, and Bottom – sunset sky over Earlsferry.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....