Hmmmm .... cold east wind... not good

21st October 2017 (Saturday) .... We have a brisk south-easterly breeze so it was colder down on the beach this morning.... and it is mostly overcast.   The sun
Naughty threatening cloud over the Royal Burgh.
should break through, but I don’t think we’re going to have an Indian Summer kind of day like we had yesterday... having said that,....in spite of the cold wind the beach was busy with early dog walkers, including Elaine .... but, no joggers. 


    20.00   It has been a mixed, but busy enough, day for me;   I was in a baking mood after breakfast, and did a double batch o’ Wholemeal scones.    This time I pranged them with that roond thing to make well... roond scones .... they turned out fine;  but I prefer the big round cut into six triangles.   They, the roond ones, taste the same but for some reason they look like they should be triangles!    Jimmy appeared about three minutes after the second batch came out so we had one with a cuppa.  After Jimmy left, and before lunch time, I
The 'Royal Burgh' from the second green.
mopped the kitchen, bathroom and lobby floors .... there was a reasonable drying wind, easterly, so the floors dried fairly rapidly;   but the kitchen etc was freezin’ when I went to make myself a bite to eat.



The work mode had worn off by the time I woke .... er I’d eaten;   so I went for a daunder up to the Pony Field.    It began to spit rain; this encouraged me to move faster, and shorten the walk.   By the time I was back at the third green the sun had broken through!    It has been a mixed up sort of day all round.

‘Olympic Leopard’ (our tanker) has stopped, off Capetown ...  probably run out of
The sun breaks through ... at the end of my walk!
cornflakes.   AH Varazze (Tug) remains docked in Valetta, and Atlantic Kestrel (Tug) is bumbling along, off the coast of Algeria... on her way to Aberdeen.  

Our weather should be better tomorrow .... for a start the wind is going to be from the West, that’s bound to be an improvement; ‘ra morra’ is forecast to be breezy, and overcast with bright spells later.

Photographs : Top – the fourth fairway, Middle – Earlsferry from the second green, and Bottom – the sun breaks through as I get back to Ivy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....