'Operation Chickenfeed' .... Day 1.

28th October 2017 (Saturday)    08.30  .... Mmmmmm .... it isn’t as cold as I expected it to be this morning,.... in spite of the weather being overcast and
Tomorrows breakfast!
breezy.    It is rather grey and dour looking.

I am ready to go and give the ‘girls’ their breakfast;   I imagine they will be looking for something happening soon.... I’m planning to be at their residence about 09.00 hours.    On paper, feeding looks complicated, but it’s straightforward really;  breakfast first thing.... then main meal after lunch.    Must ‘go’ (after I have a cuppa) .... ‘very slight flap on’ mode has kicked in.


13.00     The ‘girls’ were waiting for me .... well they weren’t looking for me in particular .... anyone with their sweet corn was going to be welcomed.    I was ‘on station’ at 09.03.   After feeding, and doing a couple of the water dishes, I went for a walk along the Carnbee road:  Maggie and I once drove this road, oh ... that would be twenty years ago.     I’d only gone 200 metres when I came across a nest of potholes, and decided that I’d forget the plan to do a circular trip in the car.    I’ll bike this road
Elie this afternoon
next year .... when I get a battery assisted bike.   

‘Lunch’ for the girls has been prepared... greens, al dente pasta, sweet corn and yoghurt;   I’ll check all the water dishes again, and fill up the dry feed container.... and sprinkle some grit around.    Right now I’m going to have ‘50’ then feed the girls about 14.00.  The clocks go back tonight ....  so.... the ‘girls’ will be fed at 08.00;   I have the Harvest Service (Colinsburgh) at 11.00. 


20.00    Although the ‘girls’ have been the centre of attraction, I did notice the interesting sky that we’ve had all day.... i.e. a sky full of lenticular clouds:  which have been photographed.  The ‘girls’ haven’t:   been photographed i.e.    Unfortunately they are moulting just now and don’t want their photos taken when they’re going through a series of bad ‘hair’ days.   They did suggest I give them Melba toast and cornflakes for breakfast;  I told them that that is “iggzactly” what they are getting;  albeit the raw ingredients.   I have the feeding sussed.... tomorrow I’ll have to be on the move early.... luckily the clocks are changed tonight so it will be light earlier!    Having said that I’d best get into bed early ........ I will ‘lose’ an hour’s sleep with this change.... sunrise will be an hour earlier

Sunset time.

We are going to have a lovely day tomorrow;  if the red sky this evening sticks to the ‘rools’.....“Red sky at night, the shepherds delight”.  Sunset time was gorgeous this evening, and it did end with a ‘red sky’.


Photographs : Top – tomorrow breakfast, soft-boiled.    The girls don’t only produce the eggs, they even date them.    By the end of the week I wouldn’t be surprised if the put the wee lion symbol on them!    Middle – Elie harbour,...  this afternoon, and Bottom – sunset.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....