Snow! .... on the Royal Burgh! .... Not good.

25th April 2017 (Tuesday) ....  we have some interesting clouds around this
morning .... oh... jings, I nearly forgot;  we also have a thin layer (1cm) of snow ....
The 'Royal Burgh' this morning!
 snow having the audacity to fall onto The Royal Burgh! .... this is not good.   

I’ve been out for a  walk;  up to the Pony Field and golf course, then down to the beach.    There are heavy clouds that could bring in more showers of snow/sleet, but the sky seems to be clearing from the West so we might end up with a bonnie, if cold, afternoon.  Jimmy needs to go shopping so that will take us up until lunch time.    I might get the bike out in the afternoon.

22.30     I never did get the bike out,... there was a gale o’ wind most of the afternoon, with the odd shower (hail/sleet) passing over, so I abandoned any thought of biking.   
Evening time on the beach.
Having said that I did walk down to the beach in the early evening.... by this time the wind had dropped and it was quite warm in the evening sunshine, and I enjoyed a pleasant half hour bumbling around the edge of the tide.    Oh .... the snow that we woke up to, didn’t last long .... it had disappeared before 10.00.

Jimmy and I did a ‘quick shop’ in Leven in the morning, and had a cuppa in Ivy when we got back.... that took us up to lunch time.   My afternoon was taken up making Macaroni Cheese and working around Ivy.    Jimmy came along later in the afternoon, and we sat in the Hutte drinking tea and watching the birds.  The Blackbirds are feeding young so they were busy trying to find food:   I gave them ‘Cheese Worms’, and some apples, to help them get through the day.    ‘Scrawny Bag’, (female Blackie), is getting to be as tame as “Blob” and comes
Elie Bay.
into Ivy if I’m not quick enough with the food!

Jim and Jimmy came for our weekly ...  ‘sort the world out’ over a cuppa Tuesday evening natter.    We covered a variety of topics tonight;   I think we even mentioned ‘Brexit’ at one time. 

Tomorrow I drop the car orf at Leven, then take the bus to Kirkcaldy to buy a pair of shoes (Clarke’s).    I’ll have lunch etc. before going back to Leven to pick up the car.   The weather forecast is for it to be much the same as today ... minus the snow.


Photographs : Top – Earlsferry this morning, Middle  and Bottom -  the beach in the early evening... absolutely gorgeous.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....