I'm feeling 'frisky with a touch of skittish' this morning ....

8th April 2017 (Saturday) ... 09.30     We have nigh on ‘wall to wall’ blue sky this morning.... and, only a smirr o’ wind;  in other words a ‘dazzling’ start to
A Chilean lake.... courtesy David and  Joy.
Saturday.     I was out on the bike early;  along to Elie, through the Estate then back to Elie to get milk and a paper.   On my journey I noted    (1) that the “Elie Cafe” is set up on the ‘Breakwater’, presumably opening this weekend. ... and (2)  The crane is not finished at the “Oak House” as there are still some heavy beams to go up.   I also met Alan, out walking ‘Jazz’ (dog), and caught up with the local news....and finally (3)  I need to pump some air into the rear wheel of the bike!   


 21.30    It was 17c (65f) in Ivy garden this afternoon, ... and I was working, in the garden, in that heat.     I had to stop, it was too hot;  I thought I was going to have an attack of the ‘mauchless’.... and even considered getting the shorts on.   I’ve not been 100% at all today.      However I did make a good bit of progress;   there are now,  two
The 'Elie Cafe' on the Breakwater.
heaps of weeds drying out in the sun.     I do not want rain for a couple of days at least!  


From the above you will know that it has been a lovely day in the East Neuk.... and the villages have been busy.   I biked down to the harbour at 11.00, and the ‘Elie cafe’ at the Breakwater was ‘open’ and had a goodly number of customers;    it’s in a prime spot, and should do well.

Down at the harbour  I had a cuppa in the Sailing Club with Steve, and Jimmy, while watching a few blokes messing about in the bay with jet bikes.    ‘Crane In’ is on the 22nd April, and the harbour becomes a hive of activity, especially at the weekends.    We watch all this activity from the confines of the ‘club’.
Kinneuchar loch this morning.

I’m feeling a few degrees under tonight;  Jimmy had a ‘bug’ a few days ago and I’m thinking that I might have it now.     It will be another early night in bed for ‘the boy’, after a busy, and tiring day.    Hopefully I will feel ‘bright and breezy’ tomorrow morning;   the weather forecast is not bad, but there is the chance of showers later in the day.   

Photographs : Top – a lake in Chile courtesy of David and Joy, Middle – ‘The Elie Cafe’ at the ‘Breakwater’, and Bottom – a quiet corner of Kinneuchar loch this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....