Overcast but dry .... good morning for working

17th April 2017 (Monday) ..... 08.00     Our weather is, “overcast, but dry, with the chance of a few showers later” .... not a bad morning for doing things, even if
Our 'local' Branch of RBS -  Rosslyn Street Kirkcaldy.
it is cool in the Westerly breeze.      I’m feeling ‘fresh and playful’ this morning, but, I have things to do so the ‘playing’ will have to wait.     Must ‘go’ ... “slight flap on”;   the kettle will be boiling. 


 21.00     I have a hectic day, and will be glad to get to bed to read a bit more about Yorkshire circa 1938.    My ‘mission’ for today was to ‘scrap’ Sooper Buggy, then get the ‘new’ car taxed and insured ;  and this has been done.


I began by phoning ‘Noble Re-Cycling (Kirkcaldy)’ to see if they were open today;   they were, so I promptly jumped into ‘Sooper Buggy’ and drove her along to the scrap yard.    She was running like a sewing machine, but there were far too many other
Pathhead and Sinclairtown Co-Op entrance.
things going wrong so she had to go.    There was an element of sadness about this ‘mission’; ‘Sooper Buggy’ was the last car that Maggie and I shared.    Before I left Ivy I’d made my mind up to walk, and photograph, my way down to the Bus Station from the ‘scrappies’, stopping for a cuppa and scone at ‘Reject’s’, this would help me come to terms with the finality of ‘Sooper Buggy’ being re-cycled.    The thing that amazed me was .... I got £40 for ‘her’ (Sooper Buggy);   I thought I’d have to pay the Scrap Merchant!

The distance from Noble’s Re-Cycling Depot down to the Bus Station, has been ‘tracked’, but it hasn’t come up on Facebook yet;  I think it will be about 4 kilometres... my legs felt, and still feel, as if it was ten!    Anyway it was an interesting walk, and I  arrived at the Bus station, with time to spare before the X60 arrived;   I had another cuppa ....and ate a biscuit;  the biscuit was not tasty.

The journey from Kirkcaldy to Elie went quickly:  Dave (Leitch) got on the bus at Leven and we chatted:   mostly about how lucky Joyce was!    The Bowling Green opens on Saturday, but I’m wondering if I should join... my hand, and now my other knee are not ‘bowling’ friendly at all.   
Back at Ivy I transferred the car insurance, to take effect immediately, then had a ‘lit
Recorder thingy.
bite’ before wandering along to Jimmy’s to pick up the Fiesta.    Jimmy and I then took ‘her’ up to Colinsburgh for air, and ‘food’.    At first I couldn’t use my tyre inflator generator gadget;   the cigarette lighter thing that it (the inflator) plugs into had been adapted.... however Jimmy fiddled about and a plastic bit fell out of the cigarette lighter and my inflator now plugs in ... and works.    Air used to be free at garages .... now it costs a £1. 

I am one ‘tired ‘boy’ tonight... my eyelids keep falling down over my eyes and the lights go out:   methinks it’s time for bed!

Photographs : Top – our local’ Bank Branch .... Rosslyn Street  Kirkcaldy, Middle – a recording thing next door to “Bogart’s”... a Kirkcaldy pub, and Bottom – Pathhead and Sinclairtown Co-operative Society entrance.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....