Bonnie morning .... but cool

23rd April 2017 (Sunday) .......  “Happy St George’s Day” to all my  friends in Merry England this morning.... do a bit of the Morris dancing, pick dandelion flowers to make wine with;   drink last year's Dandelion Wine .... enjoy  your Patron Saint’s Day, whatever you choose to do!   

We have a slightly overcast and cool morning in the East Neuk, but it should brighten
Elie. 
up later on.    I’ve been ‘doon at the harbour’ and roond Elie Estate on the bike;  it’s a nice morning for being active.    I’d do some Morris dancing but I’m clean out o’ bits o’ wood:   and my knees are sair!


21.30     I had to make do with the Union Flag for St George;   I must get a proper St George’s cross flag for next year.    I have been fairly busy today;  going down to the harbour and round Elie Estate on the bike before breakfast.... then some gardening after breakfast:    and I managed to get dirt under my
Kinneuchar Loch
nails like a proper gardener does.    No wonder I was feeling ‘weak and tired’ by lunch time.    Having said that Jimmy came along for a cuppa ..... he likes the Lemon Tea stuff that he gets in Lidl’s.     I had run out of his Lemon stuff, and  gave him a cup o’ Tetley Finest yesterday, nae milk or sugar... the way I take it.     He didn’t like that;  and brought along two jars of his ‘lovely’ Lemon Tea this morning.     My reputation for tea/coffee making is not good.



I continued with the gardening in the afternoon, until ‘weakness and tiredness’ caught up with me:  I fell asleep , only for 10 minutes or so, in the Hutte, and woke up with “Blob” perched on my shoe... glowerin’.    He had cleaned up the Hutte floor and was looking for more.

The bird bath has been used;   I know this because the water has more or less disappeared.    I’ll fill it up tomorrow morning.

I notice that the ‘BT Hub’ is flashing and the men, are not working at the ‘phone box
Elie.
cupboard’... so it must be people playing games on the computer and choking up the lines.   Apparently this is a UK wide problem.   Everything was fine up until about 17.00.... now  I get five minutes uninterrupted online  then five minutes offline, up to 22.00 (ish) then it’s Okay again.   I guess their ‘games’ will be getting interrupted too!

The weather forecast for tomorrow is for it to me much the same as today... only colder.   
Photographs : Top – the Harbour this morning, Middle – Kinneuchar Loch this morning, and Bottom – the harbour this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....