Elie (and Earlsferry) Scarecrow Festival ... Day 2 ....

29th April 2017 (Saturday)       08.30    It’s ‘overcast and dry’, with the sun forecast to break through later in the morning.... there is a breeze, from the Southeast. 
"The Dug".
 It is cool just now, but if the wind strengthens it will be cold, with that wind direction.    My ‘plan’ is to go out on the bike, to photograph the ‘scarecrows’.... and I’ll be ‘wrapped up’.    ‘Slight flap on’,.... I forgot to ‘fire up’ the kettle.


20.30     I have covered a few miles on the bike searching out ‘scarecrows’ today;   including my biking out to Ardross into a southeast wind.     Coming back was easy.    That said I did the Ardross trip when the wind was at its quietest, and therefore warmest!    It turned colder later in the afternoon;   by which time I was entrenched in Ivy with a hot cuppa.... ‘scarecrow mission’ nigh on completed.    Although I had my phone in my pocket I didn’t switch it onto ‘tracker’,  so I don’t know the total distance travelled.

"Look out - Bobby's about!"
When I went out at 09.30 I thought  I’d be the first ‘tourist’ on the road, but not so... there were a few family groups making an early start.    My morning mission ended when I saw Jimmy heading for Ivy... on the way home I met Myra who was making for the Harbour House, ... by this time the streets were busy.

After a morning cuppa Jimmy set orf for the harbour, and I went along to the Pavilion.     On my travels I met Brian twice;  the first time was as I was leaving Ivy.... he was looking for Moira and Morven;  the second time was at the Pavilion where he found Moira and Morven ... oh and ‘me’.    I ended my morning ‘session’ down at the Sailing Club with Jimmy, Steve and Gordon, .... chatted about scarecrows for a while then had a bacon roll for
"Beauty and The Beast"
lunch.    I left the Sailing Club to ‘do’ the Wadeslea area, and Ardross Farm Shop.... and was back home in Ivy about 14.30, after an enjoyable ‘day’ chatting to loads of  friends.    Actually I might do it all again tomorrow.... I like talking to people.

Tomorrow if forecast to be much the same as today... cloudy with spells of sunshine, but, ... it is going to be windier, from the East, so it will feel colder.    I’m hoping to get out on the bike again .... though I’m not keen on biking in East winds:  East winds dry the delicate skin.     The answer would be to use sun cream I guess ... even when it isn’t sunny.


Photographs : Top – “The Dug”, Middle –  “Look out – Bobby’s about!” and Bottom – “Tale as Old as Time” ... Beauty and The Beast.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....