Friendship Lunch .....

12th April 2017 (Wednesday)..... 09.00  “Friendship Lunch Day”.    There’s a brisk, cool wind from the Northwest this morning... a really fresh morning, and a
Immature swan taking off .....
good one for getting ‘out and about’;   which I’m going to do after I finish my cuppa.   The bike is ready to ‘go’ and I’m feeling ‘fresh and frolicsome’;   I’ll take a flask of coffee with me, and have a’ coffee break’ on the estate.    ‘Flap on’ .... got to ‘top up’ the ‘stern’ tyre. 


21.30      It has been a bonnie day and I have been ‘out and about’;   I biked into a quiet corner of Elie estate for a change of scenery.    It was actually cold at that time, though not too bad when sheltered from the wind.   When I got back to Ivy Jimmy was ensconced in the Hutte awaiting his morning cuppa!    We had a cuppa and ate some biscuits while discussing how hard it is being retired:   perpetually having to decide on what to do next is a stressful situation.    Jimmy went
.... the reason for the above.
orf home to get ready to go to the Friendship Lunch;   I was already ‘at home’ and did the same ... got ready to go to the Friendship Lunch.

The ‘Lunch’ was well attended, and it was good to see Suzanne and Stuart back from their trip to New Zealand and Australia.     They arrived home on Monday and are beginning to feel the effects of jet lag.     The ‘Boy’s Table’ was ‘full’, and we managed to contribute to the general noise around the Hall;   it is always a happy hour and a half.

I faced a hard bike home into the wind, and had to have a cuppa up in the Hutte after all my efforts.    I fell asleep;   and had to make afresh cuppa when I woke up.     Jimmy arrived and  we went to Leven because he’s forgotten to get the soap he likes when we were in Leven yesterday.    It passed the afternoon.   I bought some more honey because pesticides company (Bayer’s) is wanting to spray  crops with a neonic insecticide that harms (kills) bees.    Without bees, and other pollinating insects, we’d
Quiet corner of elie Estate.
starve;   even the Bayer’s shareholders.     And, .... I like honey.  

Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be much the same as today’s .... bright, breezy and cool.    I haven’t a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;   we have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon which is always something to look forward too.   I’ll do a spot of gardening, and a spot of biking in the morning.


Photographs : Top – Cygnet (last year) taking off, Middle – the reason for the above action, and Bottom – a quiet corner of Elie Estate.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....