'Crane In' at Elie Harbour .....

22nd April 2017 (Saturday) ....  08.00   Gorgeous morning for ‘Crane In’.... ‘bright and sunny’ with a light westerly wind.    A braw morning for watching
Elie harbour 'Crane In'.
the boats goin’ in..... though it is cool;  and will be even cooler down at the harbour!     There are a few clouds appearing from the West... they always add interest to photographs... though we won’t  need clouds to do that at ‘Crane In’..... there will be plenty, interesting, ‘nautical’ activity going on.   Orf to have a cuppa.



20.30   ‘Crane In’ went smoothly, and all the boats were ‘in’ before midday;  except the wooden boat I;   the owner didn’t turn up so it remains on the ‘grass’... where it has been for 18 months.    It was cold down at the harbour, but braw in the ‘Club House’, where I had a cuppa with Jimmy and Steve.  
Elie harbour.
After that I left the warmth of the Club to go out and get some photos.   I spoke to a lady from Lower Largo;   she was taking photos, for an ‘exhibition’ in the Elie Sailing Club in August, from the top of the hill... and was ‘frozen’.   I then wandered out to the pier and took a few photos of the activity;   the harbour is ‘alive’ again after what seems to have been a long winter.    John arrived at the harbour, having walked over from Shell Bay caravan park ... John has to do 10,000 steps every day:  not Linda’s instruction:   John was wearing his “Fit-Bit”, which is like having a ‘trainer’ with you 24 hours a day.    I wonder if I should get one?

Jimmy went along to Chapel Green for his morning walk, as did John ... on his way home to Shell Bay... by which time I imagine he must have almost covered his 10,000 steps for today.    John and Linda come over most weekends.

In the afternoon... after a quick ‘50’ .... I set up the bird bath:  and it has been well used already .... including by “Blob”.     The wood Pigeons have still to find it... they
Elie Harbour.
 empty it when they have a bath... with water flying everywhere.

I notice that my BT ‘hub’ is going off at regular intervals;  uploading the Hutte could be a tricky job tonight.    I have to do the uploading in the intervals it is working.   The problem, it seems, is caused by the workmen installing new connections up at the ‘phone box’.

We have had a lovely, if cold, day .... in fact there’s a wintry feel to the air;   and it is forecast to become colder over the next few days.

I read on the news that  Minke Whale had to be rescued round at Shell Bay.... I’m wondering if it will show up in Elie Bay next!


Elie harbour.
Photographs :  all taken at ‘Crane In’ this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....