Beautiful, and peaceful, morning .....

3rd April 2017 (Monday) .... 09.30   We have a stunning start to the day....
Elie this morning.
sunny, and peaceful, when I was down at the harbour, on the bike.     Primrose was down at the harbour enjoying the early morning peace;   it will get busier later and the ‘calmness’ will evaporate.   I did the ‘Elie Estate’ circuit, after I left the harbour.    Now I guess I should have breakfast and make a ‘plan’ for the remainder of ‘the day’. 



   21.00     I’ve had a busy old day;   even managed to do some stuff in the garden.   However, the weather has deteriorated in the last few hours and we now have spits and spots of rain hitting the window.... and it’s cooler.... so that brought the gardening to a stop.

Kinneuchar kirk -  and loch.
Earlier in the day I booked ‘Sooper Buggy’ in for ‘her’ MOT... then cancelled that as ‘she’ has reached the ‘end of the road’.    I’ll run her along to the ‘scrappies’ in Kirkcaldy before the 25th April;  that’s when the MOT runs out.    It’s a good job humans don’t have to pass an MOT .... I’d have been scrapped years ago!    Her replacement, a Ford Fiesta, is lying up at Jimmy’s awaiting polishing and change of ownership etc.   

The Sailing Club was ‘open’ today so we were able to relax and watch the holiday makers enjoying the Elie and Earlsferry beaches etc.    The schools are on holiday so the villages are busy.... and no longer silent;   silence can be ‘deafening’ when the villages are empty.

My ‘plan’ for tomorrow is go round Elie Estate on the bike before breakfast;   taking in Elie Harbour on the way.    The weather forecast is for it to be breezier that it was this morning, this means that the sea won’t be still enough for reflections.    Today was an exceptionally good day for ‘reflections’.    It was also an exceptionally good day for
St Monans.
gardening .... which why I did a wee bit;   to salve my conscience.     If the weather is amenable I will endeavour to get a skin of polish on the Fiesta at some point... the ‘exercise’ will help to burn orf a wee bit of ‘Puku’.... the ‘Puku’ who is putting up a valiant resistance to all things ‘slimming’!

Photographs : Top – Part of ‘The Terrace’ Elie, Middle – Kinneuchar Kirk, and loch, and Bottom – St Monans harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....