Nice morning ... interesting clouds.

7th April 2017 (Friday) ... 10.00     We had some interesting clouds earlier... which I photographed to bits... but they didn’t spoil what is a bonnie day;  in fact they
Interesting clouds.
added to it.   

I went out on the bike but a piece of string (don’t know from whence it came) got tangled up in the gear sprockets and I had to untangle that;   it, the string, had upset the settings so I had to abandon the early morning bike run.     I have fixed the problem and will go out after lunch;   in the meantime I’ll do some more weeding.

21.00    The bike required a bit more ‘fixing’;   the string was well tight round one of the gears and I had to cut it out with a Stanley knife.    I eventually was able to go out about 14.45;   and I am not going to do that again!      The street along by the Old Post Office was busy, and not
New flowers in Ivy garden.
for ‘this boy’ on a bike.    That’s why I try to get out first thing in the morning, and, at what I think will be a ‘quiet times’.   14.45 is not a quiet time!     Anyway I got onto the Estate and was able to get a few more photos of the “Oak House”.    The crane is no longer there so all the heavy work has been done.   The ‘team’ from Oakwrights.co.uk  now do the encapsulating, so the oak timber that can be seen now, will be inside the finished house, and only visible to ‘insiders’.     I’m looking forward to seeing the house when it’s finished, though I doubt if I’ll see the inside.  
 
I met David and Joy out for their afternoon walk just as I’d finished taking another set of ‘progress’ photos of the “Oak House”:   they, David and Joy were in Chile for a holiday  a couple of months ago and have sent me some stunning photos that they took .... and I have permission to put them on the Hutte.    This I shall do over the next few days.... starting with one of David and Joy in front of a row of ‘Moai’... ‘Easter Island Statues’.    The original Easter Islanders were Polynesian;   the same ancestry as the
Kilconquhar loch.
New Zealand Maori.

From the “Oak House” I  went  on my merry way to the  loch, where I waited twenty minutes, for a swan to meander (it must be the swan equivalent of me) across the water so that I could get a picture of it, the swan, with the kirk in the background.    It was well worth the wait.

The villages look like being busy this weekend, and next week, with this being the Easter week, and school holidays.    It will be good to have the villages ‘come alive’ and buzzin’, .... but not when I’m out on the bike.

David and Joy on Easter Island.
I don’t have a  ‘plan’ for tomorrow though I do intend going for my ‘exercise’ (bike) early in the mornin;  . Elie Estate, and Chapel Green... not necessarily in that order.    The weather forecast for Saturday is good... much the same as today.


Photographs : Top – Interesting clouds,  Next – the latest flowers to enhance Ivy garden, Next – Kilconquhar Loch, and Bottom - David and Joy in front of a row of Moai on Easter Island.    Thank you David and Joy for sending me your photos of Chile ... they are stunning.   I hope you don’t mind me sharing them on ‘The Hutte’ over the next few days.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....