Nice, although overcast, morning .....

1st April 2017 (Saturday) ..... Hmmmmm .... it’s  overcast but dry.....and .. there’s  hardly any wind so it’s not cold;  in fact it’s a pottering around the garden
Elie Lighthouse between  'April showers'.
day.    It’s also a good day for me getting the bike out....  this is where I have to make a decision ... gardening or biking?    I’ll do both .... first I’ll go for a quick bike round Elie Estate then go up to Kinneuchar ‘CM’ with Jimmy, then do gardening after lunch.    That’s the ‘plan’.   Orf to get the bike out.


21.30    The overcast sky cleared away, leaving us with a lovely day;  though we did have a few, reasonably heavy, but short, ‘April showers’ in the afternoon;  they didn’t interfere with a generally enjoyable day.    The Kinneuchar ‘CM’ was quiet at first but livened up after half an hour;  Jimmy and I enjoyed two double pots of tea, with scones, before we went to Leven;  Jimmy wanted easy to make mashed ‘tauties’.    By
Elie Harbour.
the time we got back to Ivy we were ready for another cuppa.

After midday I could see the ‘shower’ clouds gathering, but, being as they were only ‘shower and not prolonged rain, I biked down to the Harbour, where “Lorraine’s Galley” (the Sailing Club) was ‘open’.   Jimmy and Steve were already ensconced by the time I got down there, and, over a mug of tea, we discussed ‘things local’... and spent a happy hour or so in the Sailing Club.   I took a few photos of the ‘shower clouds’, then got slightly wet biking home, .... but, nothing worth bragging about.    
The evening had a ‘quiet’ look to it so I took the camera, mounted on the tripod, up to the ‘pony field’ to get some practice.... the villages looked ‘neat’ in the fading sunlight, but, I should have gone out earlier.    Nevertheless I’m happy with what I got.    I’m thinking that the Canon will be mounted on the tripod most of the time .... the photos are much sharper.    That only shows that I am a “bag o’ nerves” when operating
Late evening sunlight on the Toon Hall spire.
without the tripod, in fading light.

I’m feeling tired tonight, though I didn’t do that much today:  apart from biking and drinking tea... oh.. and eating scones at the Kinneuchar ‘CM’.    I’m supposed to be waging war on ‘Puku’ but ‘he’ seems to be winning this battle;  I will win the war .... eventually!  

I’m thinking of going to the kirk tomorrow;  it’s at Elie, which is well within biking range.    I’ll see how I feel in the morning.


Photographs : Top – Elie Lighthouse between showers, Middle – Elie harbour about one minute before it started to rain, and Bottom – late evening sunlight on the Ferry Toon Hall spire.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....