"Bright and sunny" ....

2nd April 2017 (Sunday) .... 08.30    We have ‘wall to wall’ sunshine this morning;   definitely a day, because the weather forecast is good for the whole day, for
A corner of Elie kirk ... from my gallery.
doing things in the garden.    Having said that we could get an onshore breeze in the afternoon .... I’m not keen on ‘onshore’ breezes, but Ivy garden is sheltered from such miseries as easterly breezes.   
My voice was in excellent fettle in the shower this morning.... good resonant qualities;  quite reminiscent of the ‘Torry Coo’ .... the foghorn that sounded at Girdleness (Aberdeen),....  who has been a  silent ‘coo’ since the 1980’s.    I might go to the kirk and reclaim my gallery.

The 'old' and 'new' at Methil Docks.
21.00     ‘My’ gallery has been ‘reclaimed’ .... I had it (my gallery) all to myself this morning and would have been able to ‘gie the hymns laldie’:  but, nane o’ the hymns were of the laldie variety, so I just mumbled along!    The kirk looked, and sounded, fairly ‘busy’, ... of course with Elie, and Kilconquhar and Colinsburgh, being the EKC Church now, the kirk in use will have the combined congregation on any one Sunday.    There was coffee/tea after the Service, which I intended going to,  but, by the time I’d unlocked my bike and gone to the ‘paper shop’, I’d forgotten about the coffee.... and was back at Ivy, ensconced in ‘the Hutte’, with a cuppa, by 11.50.

Jimmy fancied going somewhere in the afternoon:  we went to Methil Docks.    Methil Docks isn’t the most attractive of places to visit... in fact seeing the dereliction, and remembering the hive of activity Methil docks once was, it is kind of depressing.   That said, No3 Dock has been more or less filled in (with big lumps of Fife presumably), and  new life is thriving on the pristine bit of flat land thus created;   ‘new life’ in the
Berwick Law and part of the Lammermuirs.
form of new business premises etc.    They, in turn, will become obsolete.   From Methil Docks we went to Sainsbury’s for a pot o’ tea and a ‘goodie’.

It has been a gorgeous day ... with ‘wall to wall’ sunshine near enough all day... and the temperature reached 15c in Ivy garden, at one point.    Oh ... that reminds me;   I have a washing on the line... I’d better rescue that before the dampness comes in.


Photographs : Top – a view form ‘my’ gallery, Middle – the ‘old and new’ at Methil Docks, and Bottom – Berwick Law, and part of the Lammermuirs, at sunset time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....