Bright and breezy ....

27th April 2017 (Drop in Cafe Day) .... 08.00    It’s a braw kind of morning;  a mixture of clouds, and ‘bloo’ sky, with a frisky wind..... and it’s not too
Spring is with us at last -  Chestnut Tree leaves.
warm yet though it is supposed to become warmer later today.     The wind is forecast to increase by midday so I’m going out on the bike after I’ve fed “Blob” and friends.

I expect the will villages be busy this weekend, with it being the ‘may day’ Bank holiday.  

  22.00     I did go out on the bike after breakfast;  up to Elie for the paper,  then home by the estate.   I saw a Red Squirrel this morning... in fact I might have seen two, but I wasn’t sure about the second sighting.      The oaken beams of ‘Oak House’  are beginning to disappear behind different layers of cladding;  but will still be visible on the inside.    Having said that, the “Oak House” is going to look ‘different’ from its more traditional neighbour: 
The "Oak House".
the ‘floor plan’ is unusual!    There are two houses being built on the site just now, and there are another two plots waiting to be developed.  


I spent most of the morning doing housework , though I managed to forget to do the washing that’s in the machine.... it will be done tonight, and hung out first thing in the morning.   Luckily Jimmy came along and I had to stop and put on the kettle;   I did not do anymore housework, until after lunch;  even then it was only a perfunctory thing to make me feel less guilty;   I had the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon. 
   
Although the wind rose in strength  after lunch time, it had lost the chilliness of the past few days, and I biked along to the ‘Cafe’.    The ‘Cafe’ was quiet at first but soon the hall was filled with the sound of happy laughter and  chattering;   the sound of contented customers.  

As is our norm after the ‘Cafe’ Jimmy and I went down to the harbour;   yacht Artemis
Elie Harbour.
was leaving the harbour for a sail round the bay, and the ‘Auld Place’ looked bonnie in the afternoon sun;  a nice place to potter around for half an hour.

Tomorrow is the first day of the ‘Elie Scarecrow Festival’ (and ‘Earlsferry’) so the villages should be busy.    The weather forecast is ‘good’ ... but it could turn cloudier in the afternoon with the chance of a light shower.

Photographs : Top – the fresh green leaves of a Chestnut Tree, Middle – the ‘Oak House’, and Bottom – Elie harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....