Beautiful morning ....

10th April 2017 (Monday) .... 08.00    It is a beautiful, “bright and breezy” morning, though definitely cooler;   a nice day for a run up to Perthshire, and the
The Loch of Lowes Ospreys.
‘Loch o’ Lowes’.    The camera is organised, and, I think, so am I.   Orf to have a cuppa..... enjoy your day whatever you do.   


21.00    Jim and I had a great ‘day out’ at the Loch of the Lowes.... four hours travelling there and back, and three and a half hours at the Reserve;  the other half hour was spent having coffee/ tea in a cafe in Dunkeld.    There was a diversion between Cupar and Newburgh, and serious road works at Perth, which added to the travelling time .... but not catastrophically.   The traffic was not too heavy at all ... except at the Pert road works.

Red Squirrel.
Jim ‘moored up’ in the SWT Car Park, and we then walked the 150 metres to the Information Centre and the Bird Hides.   The Centre wasn’t too busy, by that I mean it wasn’t crowded, just comfortably busy, and we were able to take photographs of the birds, and a Red Squirrel, feeding on the feeders;   there was a lot of activity, and a good selection of birds.... including a Pheasant.    I browsed the info and found that Swallows had been seen here on the 7th March.   I thought I glimpsed a Swallow the other day when I was sitting in the Hutte, but it was only a fleeting sighting so I wasn’t certain, but I think that it probably was a Swallow.

The Osprey nest is easy to see from the hides, though it was at the limit of  range for
Great Spotted Woodpecker.
my lens;   nonetheless I got some decent pictures, albeit distant, of Ospreys on their nest.     She was sitting, on two eggs, and he dropped in a couple of times when we were in the hide (an hour and a half).     There is an active beaver colony nearby;  the bark  had been chomped off a tree near the hide, and a complete tree had been ‘dropped’ at the edge of the loch about 200 metres away.   The lassie at the desk made us coffee, and we sat and had lunch outside in the sun.  
 
The journey home was pleasant, and we arrived back in the ‘Royal Burgh’ about
A bendy Fife road, near Strathmiglo.
16.20, after a really good ‘day out’.    I must admit that I am tired tonight, and will have a couple of Paracetemol with my Horlicks to help me have a good deep sleep.


Photographs : Top – The Ospreys at the nest, Next – Red Squirrel, Next m- Great Spotted Woodpecker, and Bottom – a bendy Fife Road hear Strathmiglo; you can just make out the Lomond Hills through the trees.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....