Cold .... wintry feel to the air

15th April 2017 (Saturday)  .... 09.30    Oh my word .... it’s cold out there this morning;   a definite touch of winter in the air.     I’ve been up to Elie  on the bike;
Elie.
  Okay going  East .... hard work coming back into the West wind.     In spite of the drop in temperature I’m feeling ‘brighter’ this morning .... almost frisky in fact.    I’ll go out and do some more stuff in the garden .... after another morning cuppa.  


  20.00     I’ve had a busy day.... a busy day that included doing some work in the garden.    After my morning cuppa (mentioned above) Jimmy arrived needing to go to Leven to get the car washed;   so that was the first mission.     It’s one of the few times that we’ve been to Leven without going to any of the shops to buy vitally needed ‘stuff’;   and instead of going to Sainsbury’s for a cuppa we went straight down to ‘Lorraine’s Place’ at the sailing Club, and had our cuppa there.   By this time the sun was up and had warmed up the air some.... the wind,
Ready for 'Crane In' next Saturday (22nd).
unfortunately did the opposite.... but this did not deter the holiday folks, who were out and about, around the harbour and on the beach.    Many of the boat owners were busy getting their vessel’s ready for ‘Crane In’ which is next Saturday, the 22nd.    The harbour will be a busy place that morning:   let’s hope that the weather is kind.


I didn’t get into the garden until after lunch, but when I did I did so with ‘gusto’:    a short lived spell of ‘gusto’ as it turned out:    I ended up in the  Hutte having ‘50’.    I only ‘rested’ for 10 minutes or so, but I was refreshed and even more full of ‘gusto’ than I had been earlier.    Jimmy arrived so we had a cuppa then went down to the sailing Club;   the gardening, and the ‘gusto’  had been, quietly, put on the ‘back burner’.  

 The villages are really busy, which is always good to see, .... it’ a pity that we’re going
Elie and Earlsferry Sailing Club.
through a cold spell of weather.    That said, the cold hasn’t stopped folk from going to the beach.    I guess the only ‘downside’ is the ‘parking’ .... the streets are choc a bloc, and parking is tricky.    I noticed yellow stickers on some cars;  the Traffic Wardens have been round!

Tomorrow morning we, the EKC Church, have an, outdoor, Easter Service down at the harbour, on the lee side of the sailing Club;   this is followed by tea/coffee and breakfast rolls in the Kirk Hall.    The Service starts at around about 08.00.    It will be chilly so wrap up warm;  showers are not forecast until later in the morning.

Photographs : Top – Elie Harbour, Middle – ready for ‘Crane In’ next week, and, Bottom -  The ‘Sailing Club’ .... if you look closely you can see Jimmy ensconced in the ‘Royal Chair’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....