Bright, sunny and cold ....

26th April 2017 (Wednesday)  .... 08.00    We have “bright and sunny” this morning, but it is forecast to cloud over later:  and,  that cauld wintry feel to the air, is
Shale gas tanker off Kirkcaldy
still with us.    I’m organised for Leven, and Kirkcaldy;   I only have the bird feeders to fill...cannae neglect “Blob” and Co.... and have a cuppa.


20.30    ‘The Boy’ has had a hectic day, and is looking forward to having a ‘sleep in’ tomorrow morning.     The Kirkcaldy trip was a successful mission, as was getting the car timing belt fitted.   The next thing with the car is to get the rear wheel arches looking bonnier;  this could be the problem.    In the meantime I’m going to enjoy driving ‘her’.

Arthur's Seat from Kirkcaldy Prom.
When in Kirkcaldy I had a walk down to ‘the Prom’, which is a mile and half of traffic free perambulating space:   it was also nigh on free of people ‘perambulating’ today... then again, there was a cool Northerly wind blowing.

On the way back to the Bus Station I ‘tangled’ up with a couple of men selling something!    One of the blokes said to me, ... “if I gave you 20p what could you buy with that?”    I replied ... “ two thirds of entry to the loo.... and at my age two thirds into a loo isn’t much good!”    I think I was supposed to sign up to donate 20p a day to his Charity... but I didn’t.    I already donate to Charities at Christmas time.
At the Bus Station  I contemplated having a cuppa, but  decided to meander round the ‘stances’, and, lo and behold,  found a bus going to Leven:  it was the X27, which ... and I didn’t know this ... travels to Leven via the ‘Standin’ Stane road:  not that travelling on the ‘Standin’ Stane’ road is “iggzactly” exciting, but it is unusual to do it
Elie harbour.
in a bus.   It must be one of the fastest bus journeys between Kirkcaldy and Leven;   well it would have been if we hadn’t got stuck ‘ahent’ something crawling along at 20 mph. for a mile or so.

It is supposed to be warmer, and dry,  tomorrow.... though remaining windy;  in fact it will be a good ‘drying’ day.     Better still, I should get out on the bike again soon.    I’m not keen on cold winds..... I must be getting ‘older’.


Photographs : Top – Shale Gas tanker orf Kirkcaldy, Middle – Arthur’s Seat and the Salisbury Crags, Edinburgh, and Bottom – Elie harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....