Nice morning ....

9th April 2017 (Sunday) .... 11.00    When I looked out and saw that there was nae wind, I thought ....  “reflections;  get the bike oot and down to the harbour”
Kilconquhar loch this morning.
(I’m feeling fine this morning, tired but fine).    At the Breakwater I found, unfortunately, that  there wiz nae water either;   the tide was full out.    However Kinneuchar loch isn’t bothered by much of a tide so I went up there, and got a picture of a pair of swans paddling their way across the loch.    When I think about it the Kinneuchar swans have a nae bad life, plentiful water to paddle around, with loads of food underneath:    I’m also thinkin’ I’d make a good swan.    Anyway I got some ‘reflection’ photos and some exercise;  last night I thought I was in for some kind of, dreaded, ‘man flu’ and that I’d be ‘confined to Ivy’ most of the day.


19.30     I’ve had an enjoyable, if lazy, day:   no, not lazy’, restful would be a better description.    I did some gardening after having a cuppa with Jimmy.  Not long after
The loch exit.
Jimmy left George arrived ... so there wisnae very much gardening done ... but it was good catching up with George’s ‘news’, and to know that he has fully recovered from being knocked off his bike.   After George left, I had a ‘lite bite’ lunch, and removed another few weeds from the  garden;  then Jimmy arrived so we had another cuppa, and took in the washing, before going down to the Sailing Club to see what was going on at the Harbour.    Not much as it happens... the wind had risen by this time, and it felt colder.... so folks weren’t pottering out to the end of the pier.   The sky is looking like we could get a few showers tonight, but the weather forecast is ‘good’ for tomorrow.     That’s great because Jim and I are going up to the Scottish Wildlife Trust, ‘Loch o’ Lowes’, Nature reserve just north of Dunkeld in Perthshire.    In fact the forecast is for ‘bright and sunny’ but windy .... and colder;  a ‘wrap up well’ day I’m thinking.... especially as we’re going to
Some of the Easter Island moai.     Courtesy David and Joy.
be near  mountains.    We’re leaving at 08.30.  Oh oh ... we have raindrops hitting the window, I did think the clouds were beginning to look threatening!      It doesn't look like it will come to much.
  
The Ivy hatches have been ‘battened down’, the heating has been turned up, ...  now I shall settle down with my mug o’ Horlicks, and watch the golf from Augusta.   

Photographs : Top – two, obliging, swans this morning, Middle –  where the water leaves the loch, and Bottom – some of the Easter Island moai... over 900,  carved in the quarry, were moved to sites around the island;   almost as many remain at the quarry, some complete and standing, others unfinished. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....