Car check up ....


24th April 2017 (Monday) ... 08.00    we have a “bright, breezy and cold” morning ... a good morning for being out and about, well wrapped up, or  sheltered
Looking West from the Cockstail rocks, Earlsferry.
from the wind.    My ‘plan’ involves taking the Fiesta along to the garage for a check over.... and I might as well go to Sainsbury’s for a coffee... and a wee ‘shopping’ .... when I’m finished at the garage.

20.00     Jings ... we had one wild spell of weather in the middle of the afternoon;   heavy showers of hailstones, with a wind of at F8.   I did not go out on the bike today.    The wind dropped by evening time, but the heavy shower clouds remained.... and it was much colder, with a real wintry feel to it.

The mechanics are happy with the Fiesta, but, and I was expecting this .... the timing belt has to be replaced.   I am happy to do this, and have the wheel arches made good.     ‘She’ goes in for the timing belt on Wednesday, and when that is done I’ll go down to Kingdom Auto to see about the wheel arches.   After all this work is done, I’ll
Letham Glen -Leven.
have a run to Pettycur Harbour to celebrate.

As ‘planned’ I went to Sainsbury’s and had a cuppa and some kind of “Puku” building biscuit.    It tasted good... so it mostly likely wasn’t.   Good i.e.   I also did a wee ‘shopping’ when in Sainsbury’s, then went across to the ‘Cheap Shop’ to get some ‘monkey nuts’ for the birds.    The Leven trip was a complete success.

When I was down on the beach this morning I met, and was talking to a lassie lady from Edinburgh;  we got round to talking about  local history, mostly Earlsferry local history.     I like talking about Earlsferry .... and could have gone on longer/forever.... and would have walked along to the Pilgrim’s Pier with her, but I was ‘running late’ for Leven;   this was a
Cherry Blossom.
pity, because this lady was really interested in the history of both villages,...  and she is away back to Edinburgh.

Jimmy needs to go shopping tomorrow so we’ll go along to Leven to get him some food, probably in the morning.    It’s forecast to be windy and cold again tomorrow, so a good day for shopping.  
 

Photographs : Top – looking West from the Cockstail Rocks, Middle and Bottom – the Cherry Blossom in Letham Glen, Leven.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....