Overcast and breezy.... but warm; and dry

19th April 2017 (Wednesday) .... 09.00    Hmmmmm .... it is overcast but dry (though it looks like we could catch some spits and spots o’ rain), with a light, and
Elie at 09.30 this morning.
warmer, Westerly wind;   and, we should get some sunny spells in the afternoon.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ for today:  I’ll probably get the bike out after I have another cuppa.... I need some exercise.    
Cars are useful;   but not but not when it comes to keeping fit.


12.30     It’s actually cooler now than it was first thing.... the wind has increased in strength, and with that so has the chill factor.    I walked along the beach for the papers, and ‘bumped into’ Myra at the top of School Wynd;   Myra reckoned that I looked like a ‘stray mutt’ (I must remember to brush my hair before I go out), and invited me to join herself and Jim in the ‘Harbour House’ for morning coffee.   This was a good opportunity to quiz
Elie beach.
Jim and Myra aboot the ‘tram recording’ thing I ‘came across’ the other day;  Jim and Myra come from opposite ends of Kirkcaldy, and know the whole town like ‘the back o’ their hand(s)’.     Geoff came in and the four of us chatted about nigh on everything important .... this did not include the upcoming General Election.   Marcia ‘dropped in’ for morning coffee .... it seems like I haven’t seen her for ages:  ‘Harbour House’ was busy.    Jim and Myra left to go to Dundee and I wandered back to Ivy.


20.00    The sun broke through about midday, and we’ve had a bonnie afternoon/ evening.... though quite cool, in what by now was a ‘brisk breeze’.    Jimmy came along in the afternoon, and we ended up going to Leven, where I bought ‘Blob Fodder’ .... and ‘Oral ‘B’ toothpaste;  both purchased in the ‘Cheap Shop’.    We didn’t even go to
Earlsferry beach.
Sainsbury’s for a cuppa;  but had one at Ivy.

Tomorrow Jim and I are going up to St Andrews Botanic Gardens with our cameras;  the weather forecast is ‘nae bad’.... overcast mostly, but brighter than today.    I’m looking forward to seeing the ‘signs of Spring’ around the gardens ... and the Butterfly House.     We should get some decent photographs;  don’t want too much light about when photographing Spring buds and colourful butterflies. 


Photographs : Top – Elie beach, Middle – further out on Elie beach, and Bottom – the Ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....