Lovely morning ... in spite of easterly wind

30th April 2017 (Sunday) .... 09.30    There’s a brisk Easterly wind coming off the North Sea and this is taking a few degrees off what could be a really warm
Earlsferry beach.
day.      Having said that, I have been down on the beach and, though breezy, it isn’t as cold as I expected it would be.... but I was wearing a warm fleece.    It’s actually a nice day for walking round the villages.... and there is a hazy light that makes interesting photographs:  the ‘haze’ will most likely become cloud later in the day
;  however the forecast is for a sunny, if cool, afternoon.

20.30     I think that ‘today’ has been the busiest the villages have been for a very long time... they, the villages (Elie and Earlsferry) were ‘burstin’ at the seams’ in the afternoon;  which is when I went out to get the last four ‘scarecrows’ that I needed to ‘tick off’ to complete the list.   There are more than those listed;   I came across another four, and there are probably more than that.   

"Fishy on a Little Dishy"
My day has not just involved  poodling around looking for scarecrows.... oh no .... I have been a busy boy.     For some reason,   and this slightly bothers me, ... I woke up in a ‘working’ mood;   the strange thing was, not only was I in the mood for working ... I did it;   ‘worked’ i.e.    I’d stripped my bed a couple of days ago so this morning I washed the sheets etc,   not only did I wash the sheets I did a woollen wash too... all of this washing dried in ‘nae time’ in that lovely drying east wind!     I wonder ..... will we stop getting East winds from Europe after Brexit?    Not that I’m a lover of East winds mind.... in my opinion, losing the east wind would be one of the few benefits of leaving the European Union.    Now I’ve forgotten what I was writing about .... oh ... I was telling you how hard I’ve ‘worked’ today.     Not only did I do the washing I also ironed it.... including the sheets, and dish towels.    If Maggie ironed sheets and things ... so do I!    Jings .... I feel a tiredness/weakness coming on when I think of all that.... I’ll need to go to bed early tonight.

The keyboard that I’m using has lost letters off four of the keys .... i.e. they are just blank squares:    but, thanks to having done my National Service, where I was taught to
"Larry the Lum".
type, I am able to type as per usual .... which is surprisingly fast when I think of it.    I guess that, subconsciously, I am ‘touch typing’ as we were taught to do, all those years ago at Wellington Barracks, Aldershot.    That said, ‘touch typing’ is hard to do now as the keyboards come in different sizes.

It was afternoon before I ventured out to finish off the scarecrow list;   I pre-celebrated by having a long rest, scoffing a ‘Yofrog’, talking to Sarah and Jordan,  at Woodhaven Bay.  “Yofrog’s” are not only tasty, they are also healthy  .... I’ll be having a few more of those.     When the weather warms up this could be a popular weekend ‘rest spot’.  
"Yofrog" with Sarah and Jordan.

I left Woodhaven intending to go down to the Sailing Club, stopping at the Ship Inn on the way to photograph the ‘last’ scarecrow on my list.   On the way down Admiralty Lane I spotted Jimmy bumbling his way up the Toft;  this brought a quick ‘change of ‘plan’ into operation.    I’d take the Ship Inn photo then ‘fly’ back to Ivy to make Jimmy a cuppa.    And that is what I did.

So .... a busy, and happy day is coming to a close.    I feel contented .... especially when I look at the lovely piles of ironed dish towels hanging in front of the radiator.    Yes...  I am a happy, if tired, ‘bunny’ tonight.

Photographs : Top – Earlsferry beach, Next – “Fishy on a Little Dishy”, Next – “Larry The Lum”, and Bottom – Sarah and Jordan.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....