Working in the garden ....

13th March 2017 (Monday)  ..... 21.00     Oh my word.... I apologize for being late with the Hutte update today;  but I went out to prune the Clematis first thing
'Shearwater' the dredger.
after breakfast and that was it .... I was ‘sidetracked’.   I managed to untangle the Clematis tendrils from the trellis but, oh dear, that was not an easy job.      

Jimmy arrived for his morning cuppa so the garden work was put ‘on hold’;  we would do the Chapel Green walk after we’d finished our tea, then go along to St Monans to watch the dredger in St Monans harbour.   The Chapel Green walk was interesting;  we sat and watched the Mara Seaweed gatherer’s gathering seaweed from the rocks:  it’s relaxing watching other people working....  and we anticipated more of the same, relaxing thing, along at St Monans.   Not so  ... the tide was out and the only activity on the dredger was taking place in the galley from whence came the aroma of bacon and eggs.   This made us hungry so we
This is the bit we watch!
went back to Ivy and had another cup o’ tea. 

Having dumped the morning’s clematis pruning’s into the ‘broon bucket’ I decided, after lunch,  that I’d be better to put them in a sheet, and take them along to the skip at Pittenweem... along with some other rubbish.   On reaching Pittenweem I found the road to the ‘Recycling Depot was ‘closed’;  thinking that I might get to the ‘dump’ from the other end of the road, I went to ‘Ainster’, then took the ‘Cheese Place’ road only to find that the road was ‘closed’ from that end too.   The Clematis is back in the ‘broon bucket’ again, and there it will stay until the ‘BB’ is emptied on the 24th.  
 
Most of the afternoon was spent in the garden;   I didn’t go down to the beach today...
Creels on St Monans West Pier.
but I did see it from Chapel Green.    We’ve had a nice day here, though the wind was on the cool side.    That said, it was a braw ‘drying’ wind .... and I took advantage of it.    Tomorrow’s weather forecast is for the COTU (Centre of the Universe) to be sunny and mild, but also windier tomorrow ... so it might be mild but the wind will be a factor when it comes to how actually warm it is.


Photographs : Top and Middle – ‘Shearwater’ the dredger in St Monans harbour, and Bottom –  lobster creels on St Monans West Pier.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....