Gorgeous morning ....

27th March 2017 (Monday) ....“Happy Birthday Michael .... have a great day!”    How old?    No that can’t be I’m only 63!

09.30(BST)    The weather forecast was for us to have cloud moving in from the North
Earlsferry High Street
Sea;   but no sign of that happening, so far.   In fact we have a gorgeous, ‘sunny and warm’ morning after a light touch of early frost.    I have been out for a pre-breakfast walk... and walked/meandered exactly 3 kilometres (1.86 mile) over the beach, Chapel Green and the golf course.   I was ready for my porridge when I got back to Ivy.  


 21.30     This has been another beautiful day, in spite of there being a cool breeze from the East;  however it all changed by evening time:  the cloud moved in, the wind became stronger ... it’s now overcast and cauld.

Elie (bit of) from Chapel Green.
This morning I oiled the bike, adjusted the seat and did the ‘Elie Estate’ circuit after lunch.    It was great being out on the bike again;  and it will massively extend my range.    I did take a few photos of Kinneuchar Loch, but it was too windy for reflections, which is what I like.   By the time I got back to Ivy the bike seat was back where it had been before I adjusted it;  a bit more effort required when it comes to tightening the nut methinks.    Apart from that the biking went well, and I’m looking forward to getting out tomorrow for a short ‘run’;  the bike seat has been adjusted and this time it shouldn’t move ... then again, it might.    The wind is going to be Easterly (again) tomorrow, so I won’t be going very far:  never did like biking in an Easterly wind... you’ve got it ‘in your face’ for half the trip... unless you get lucky.

Other than going out on the bike I don’t have a ‘plan’;  there’s always plenty to do in the garden to keep me occupied.    I may have a pair of Wrens nesting in the ‘ivy’ of Ivy
Brian playing the fourth.
Cottage;  they have been showing interest in the ivy bush for a couple of days.    The wrens have been nesting around this corner of the village for many years now;   and can be easily heard when scolding a Jackdaw or cat.   For their size they can make a lot of noise.    They’re not so easily seen.

I started to read a Dan Brown book last night;   as with all of Dan Brown’s books, this one is going to having me reading late. 
 
Photographs : Top – Earlsferry High Street, Middle – bit of Elie from Chapel green, and Bottom – Brian (my brother) on the fourth this morning.   Getting ‘up’, and out, early is a ‘Lawrie’ trait it seems.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....