Overcast and damp morning ... but there are bright bits here and there

31st March 2017 (Friday) .... 10.00    Mmmmmmm .... it is not a ‘pretty’ morning as far as the weather goes;   overcast and damp after recent rain, but it is not
Elie Harbour.
cold.     Because there’s hardly any wind I’ve got the bike out;   I’ll bike up to Elie for the paper, and perhaps go up through the Estate.... no, cancel Elie estate, that road will be muddy;  I’ll just bike up for the paper and get back to Ivy in time to get the kettle ‘on’ for Jimmy.    Got to ‘go’ ... ‘slight flap on’ mode has kicked in.


21.00    Hey the auld villages look like being busy this weekend, I saw cars, with bikes on the roof, going down Ferry Road:    they must be getting into ‘holiday’ mood.    It’s good to see the villages come alive again after the winter;  that said nigh on every weekend has been busy.... busier than they used to be.    That reminds me;   we’re going to have a, I don’t know what you’d call it?.... a kiosk I guess,... selling Frogurt (frozen Yogurt), teas and coffees etc up at Woodhaven Car Park during the summer weekends:   and there’s going to be ‘The Elie Cafe’ (mobile) sited “on a Breakwater near you” soon.    It’s all go at Elie.   I’m sure Jimmy and I will find both!

Kilconquhar Loch.
For ‘dinner’ tonight I had the best Chicken Korma I’ve ever tasted.    Of course it’s really all  down to the Korma Sauce;   and the one I used today was excellent... Kanpur Garden it is called.    I think I bought it in Morrison’s.    The naan bread was 50 percent perfect ... I overdid  (slightly burnt) one side!

Tomorrow we have a Coffee Morning in Kinneuchar Kirk hall... with scones!     I’m sure we’ll find our way up to that.    Hey .... “Mr and Mrs Bell”, sometimes know as “Jim and Myra” should be  back in town soon.... they might even be back in time for tomorrow’s ‘CM’.    Jim always brings me a present when he comes back from his holidays... ‘Myra’.

I couldn’t think why I’ve been sleepy all afternoon, then I remembered that I read my
The Terrace, leading to South Street,  Elie
book through to the end last night;   I didn’t switch the light orf until 01.30!    I’ve also been out on the bike twice today, so there’s a good chance the light will be switched orf earlier tonight!    I’ll be going to bed very shortly.... after I find a new book to read.

Photographs : Top – Elie harbour, Middle – Kilconquhar Loch with kirk, and Bottom – The Terrace leading to South Street, Elie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....