Cold and miserable day ....

28th March 2017 (Tuesday) .... 12.45     Thank goodness that the ‘warm and sunny’ days are past;   I was beginning to worry about my delicate skin becoming
Activity on Elie pier this morning.
sun-burnt!    There’s no fear of the sunburn today;  we have an overcast and cold day .... the wind is from the East!
I had a quick look outside this morning and decided that I’d go to Leven:   I needed a haircut, and a wiper blade for ‘Sooper Buggy’.    I’d also go to Sainsbury’s and get some ‘food’.    This has all been done;   I arrived back at Ivy in time to get the kettle on for Jimmy.

After our cuppa we went down to Elie Harbour;   the pontoon was ‘going in’ today.    That had been done by the time we got there.   The tide was out, so we went along to St Monans harbour to see the result of all the dredging activities:   there is a big difference from where they have been, and where they have yet to 'be' .... there is no doubt about it ... they have removed a lot of silt etc from St Monans harbour.

Ian n(Jimmy's son) leaving St Monans harbour.
20.30    Most of my goings-on happened in the morning when I went to Leven:  however I did fit the wiper blades in the afternoon;  but that was easier said than done.    I carefully noted how I took off the old ‘’blade’, then fitted the new one ... except I didn’t;   fit it the right way i.e.  Mmmmmm ... I looked at a ‘wiper blade’ and thought “that is an inanimate object .... logically I can do this ... it is not going to beat me!”   I eventually got it right ... and the wiper blades are in situ.    Now I am waiting for rain;  the big ‘question’ is “will they still be there after I’ve used them?”    It wouldn’t be the first time that I’ve fitted a wiper blade, only for it to fall orf after two swipes across the windscreen.    Happy happy ‘me’.

This has been one of those ‘drab’ kind of days as far as the weather goes;   grey and
"Miller's " the boat builders slipway at St Monans East pier..
cold with an unhealthy Easterly wind.... which meant the bike never left the shed.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is slightly better; there’s the chance of some bright spells... I might bike up for the papers.  

 Tomorrow is the ‘Lite Lunch’ at Colinsburgh (Town Hall) so that will take care of ‘food’ ... though I will have something in the evening.


Photographs : Top – Crane on Elie pier after setting the pontoon in place, Middle – Ian leaving St Monans, and Bottom –  “Miller’s” slipway, at the East Pier St Monans.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....