It's gorgeous morning.... I'm feeling Spring-lambish .....

9th March 2017 (Drop in Cafe Day) .... It’s a gorgeous day here ... a bit windy yet, but that is forecast to moderate after lunch:   I’m going to have an early
This morning at Elie and Earlsferry.
lunch!    ‘The Boy’ (that’s me) has been busy so far this morning .... and, I haven’t been down to the beach!    The bird feeders had to be filled and rearranged;  that’s a tricky job when ‘Blob’ is hungry.   Like me he’s easily diverted ... a digestive Biscuit does the trick.    I’ve also had the ‘oover out... and used it.    I think I’m feeling ‘mair like masel’ this morning;   after a really good night long, and deep, sleep.    I’ll have another early night tonight;  I’m reading an interesting ‘historical’ novel, about the English pillaging Brittany.... written by  Bernard Cornwell.    Gory history that’s for sure. 


22.00     This ‘day’ has passed quickly .... as days do when you enjoy them,... or ...  could it be that,  as you get older, and slower, the days pass faster?   Anyway I’ve had a busy day, ... in fact I was so busy that I didn’t get down to the beach until after 09.00.    Why was that? .... oh aye;   I decided to cut my fingernails, and having done them, I did my tae nails too.   The next job was turning the computer keyboard over to
St Monans.
empty the fingernail clippings oot o’ that, (the tae nail clippings were on the floor) so I then got the ‘oover and got  rid of all nail clippings;  (there are no secrets in the Hutte!).    After that ... I wouldn’t say strenuous ... hour nearly,.... I went down to the beach to unwind.

OMG this stuff I’m drinking is seriously lacking in Cranberries and it’s called ‘Cranberry Juice’;  bought in Ainster this morning;  that’s something else I/we did... Jimmy and I went to The ‘Store’.   Now where was I?    Oh ... the juice!    It’s not ‘Ocean Spray’ the kind I normally buy, which has the taste of cranberries ... this stuff disnae have the taste of anything;  it’s a tasteless, red coloured wetness ... but thirst quenching nonetheless, so I’ll drink it.

Some of my time after lunch;  (now that was tasty .... Indian ‘things’ that I  bought at ‘the Store’)..... was spent filling up the ‘broon bucket’, because it’s ‘broon bucket’ day tomorrow.    This summer I’m going to get the garden back to the pristine look it had(?) ... the pristine look it had? ... when Maggie was around!    I’ve had a ‘dynamic’ feeling all day, and I think this might be a ‘dynamic’ year.   It will have to be if I’m
This afternoon at Elie and Earlsferry.
going to get the garden sorted out!

With the ‘broon bucket’ fu’ tae the eyeballs with weeds, ‘n stuff, I louped into the car and went up to the ‘Drop in Cafe’, in Elie, for a cuppa, and a natter.   It, the ‘cafe’, ticks over quietly noisily, with all the interchange of ‘news’, from the outlying reaches of the Parish... that’s Kinneuchar and Colinsburgh.    I don’t think there was anyone from Colinsburgh ‘in’ today .... so there was nae ‘news from that ‘outlying reach’.    The ‘news’ all happened in Kinneuchar;   but I’ve forgotten what it was.


Photographs : Top – Earlsferry this morning, Middle – St Monans, and Bottom – Elie in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....