Beautiful morning ....

24th March 2017 (Friday) .... 09.30    We have a glorious, “bright, sunny and warm” morning ... after a light early morning frost:  it’s a perfect day for working
Our 'main' beach -- from the 'Black Wa' at Earlsferry to The Breakwater, Elie.
in the garden.     I could do ‘gardening things’ today, as I have been out for a 2.58 kilometre (1.6 mile) walk earlier;   mostly pottering around the Chapel Green area.   I’ve just noticed that, a thin layer of high cloud has drifted over since I was out .... this cloud might filter some of the warmth out of the sun;  with a bit of luck the sun might burn it off!



     21.30    I’ve had a ‘lazy’ kind of day... though I did do a bit of ‘ousework;  the Auchnagatt ‘Troops’ are coming down tomorrow, and I  thought I’d better make an effort.   The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘excellent’.... sunny and warm, so we should get out for a walk.    I did do a wee bit in the garden, but not as much as I really should have ....  Blob kept getting in the way.... picking up anything that moved;  in the
Former Elie manse 'For sale'.
end I left him to the ‘gardening’, .... and I sat in the Hutte!


The Canon camera is back in action now that I have a new battery charger.    I use it, the Canon, set to ‘manual’;   this means I have control re settings .... speed and aperture etc etc.   Next week, weather permitting I intend having a practice with the Canon, set up on the tripod, at Chapel Green .... weather permitting of course.    The weather forecast for the next few days is excellent;   starting tomorrow with ‘wall to wall’ sunshine, and warm, this, combined with a light Westerly wind means a perfect washing day!    I’ll get the washing done, and out before the ‘troops’ arrive;   in fact I’ll do the washing tonight, ready to hang out first thing in the morning.    It’s taken me a few years to convert thinking ‘housewifely thoughts’, into doing them at the time, but I’m finding that’s how it has to be done:  nae bumbling orf down to the beach thinking “I’ll do the washing later” .... which is “iggzactly” what I did this morning... then forgot about the washing altogether.    It’s not easy being ‘me’.
    
I’d best have an early night tonight so that I’m full of ‘get up and go’ tomorrow
West End of Earlsferry., and the Chapel Green.
morning.   That reminds me I need to find a bedtime book.   The one I just finished had me dreaming all kind of ‘queer’ dreams.    The other night I was a cat, and ended up clamped onto a tree like a hairy pancake .... odd kind o’ dream.

Photographs : Top – Our Main beach,... from the ‘Black Wa’ Earlsferry to The Breakwater, Elie, Middle – ‘For sale’ sign on the manse, and Bottom – the West end of the ‘Royal Burgh of Earlsferry’.... and Chapel Green, with the East gable of the medieval Chapel... which is three feet or so higher that it would have been originally, having been ‘renovated’ 160 or so years ago, to Victorian standards.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....