Lovely morning .... but there's a North east breeze ...

26th March 2017 (Sunday).... 12.00    We have a ‘bright, sunny and warm’ day here, though there is a light breeze from the East, which will keep the
The Cockstail rocks Earlsferry.
temperature down a wee bit.    I began the day in ‘working’ mode by putting a washing on .... and then went down to the beach for a pre-breakfast walk.     It was one of those really quiet and peaceful mornings, with  not even floppy waves falling onto the sand... the water was quietly, almost furtively, creeping up the beach.   I wandered along the tide line rocks to the Cockstail, and pottered around there, where the desire to have breakfast suddenly hit me.    I got back to Ivy at 08.45 .... only to discover, when I switched on the computer, that it was in fact nearly 10.00;   I’d forgotten to change the clocks.     Oh .... the ‘Ferry Clock’ is at the correct time.... and like, Ivy Cottage, is now working....  on BST.    

Peaceful Elie Bay.
Jimmy has been ‘in’ for ‘Morning coffee’ ... my washing is on the line, and I’m ready for lunch!    This has been a quick morning!

21.00    My word .... I’ve had a busy day... and a quick one.   Losing an hours sleep is bad enough with this clock change;  but, thinking you’ve got up early, only to suddenly discover that you are in fact are an hour behind is worse.    However I managed to get all the things done that I’d planned ..... even finding time to go for a walk, and a seat up at Chapel Green with Jimmy.    Actually we were lucky to get a seat .... most of the seats were occupied, with folks relaxing in the afternoon sunshine.... or having a break from walking the Coastal Path.   It has been a perfect day for walking.

I got the bike out of the shed this afternoon and set about adjusting the saddle etc.    The saddle for my own bike is the right type, so I don’t need a new one.   For the last two years I’ve been using Maggie’s bike, which has the kind of saddle suited to female
Golfers on the 11th.
anatomy!    I do know that boys’ and girls’ are different,;  but didn’t realise that ‘male and female’ bicycle saddles were.     I’m looking forward to going round the Ferry on the bike tomorrow morning.

With the wind coming from the East the weather forecast is for us to more in the way of cloud coming in from the North Sea .... just when I was getting used to the sunshine!


Photographs : Top -The Cockstail rocks, Middle – very peaceful Elie Bay, and Bottom – Golfers on the 11th this afternoon.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....