Bright and breezy ....

16th March 2017 (Drop in Cafe Day) .... 09.00      It’s a ‘bright and breezy’ morning ... a bonnier yesterday’s..... and, though not exactly warm, it doesn’t look, nor feel, as cold as yesterday.   I’ll go and pick a few weeds;   after I tell you
Crail harbour.
about my strange dream.    The dream :    I was among a crowd of people, walking up a steep street, like Uckfield High Street;  I don’t know where we’d been, nor where we were going, but the bloke next to me said “ I think I’m going to be sick”.   The person in front of him, a lassie with dark hair, was wearing an anorak with the hood dangling on her back:  he puked straight into that.   I woke up thinkin’ ... “I hope it disnae rain!”    Where do dreams like that come from?  

 I’ve finished my cuppa so I’ll go and uproot a few weeds from Mother Earth!

21.00    ‘Today’ has just flown past;   I seem to have been everywhere.... except the beach.   It has been a nice enough day, though we did have a rain shower, just as I was getting ready to walk along to the ‘Drop in Cafe’.   I took the car.
First thing this morning I did pull a few weeds, but the ‘broon’ bucket’ is nigh on ‘full’ so weeding etc isn’t the best idea;  not until the road to the recycling Depot at Pittenweem in ‘open’ again.
 
 Jimmy arrived early this morning;  instead of a morning cuppa, he wanted to go down to St Monans harbour at low tide to see the bottom of the harbour where the dredger has been.   They have shifted a lot o’ muck;   and the bloke said he still has a 1000 tons
Crail creel boats.
of stuff to remove yet... quite impressive really.    We’d decided, on the way to St Monans, that we’d go to the Fisheries Museum for a cuppa;  and that is exactly what we did.    I’d hope to see Winston (Craw’s Nest) there, but he must have been working in the ‘shed’.    We had our cuppa then browsed the books before going along to Crail to have a look around the harbour.    Crail harbour appears on many Scottish Calendars, and it’s easy to see why;   even with the tide out it looks bonnie.   We had a general ‘browse’, and spoke to a fisherman working to get his creel boat ready to be ‘craned in’ next week.   

Our way home from Crail was a meandering one, via the ‘back roads’ to Pitarthie then down to Arncroach and Kinneuchar.... and finally ‘The Royal Burgh’.    Jimmy went off to No 10 .... I had a look at the morning’s photos then had a ‘lite bite’ lunch, before getting ready for the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon.
The ‘Cafe’ was quiet at first, but got busier as the afternoon went on.    As is our
Windsurfing at Elie.
routine, Jimmy and I went down to Elie Harbour where we watched a windsurfer enjoying himself in the F5 wind.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is not ‘pretty’;  we could get a spell of rain, which could be snow on the high ground, from morning time though to early afternoon.

Photographs : Top – Crail, Middle – Crail creel boats,  and Bottom – Elie windsurfer.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....