Magical morning .......

12th March 2017 (Sunday) .....  14.00    I am one happy boy today;   after a magical time spent on the beach with the camera.    We had early morning fog,
Fog lifting over Elie harbour.
which, as it began to lift produced multiple photograph opportunities.    The tide was ‘way out’ enabling me to walk out to the ‘Elie Bank’ from where I took umpteen photographs of the granary, and the villages appearing out of the fog.    It was beautiful, and I got some of the bonniest photographs of the villages I have ever taken.   I’d just got back to Ivy when Jimmy phoned, so I downloaded the photos from the card, put on the kettle and made a cuppa when Jimmy arrived. 

Elie bay once the fog had lifted.
The ‘new’ plan, made over the aforementioned cuppa, was to go up to Chapel Green and do the “Alice[s Seat” walk;  however Jimmy extended the length of his walk today and walked all the way round to the sixth tee.  When Jimmy was doing all this walking, I was clicking away with the camera.   Jimmy sat of the “Harvey Watt Seat” while I went up to the turning point for the car, then picked him up at the entrance to Sea Tangle road.   From there we went along to St Monans harbour, and walked out to the end of the Middle pier, to look at the dredger;  it’s working at the harbour entrance;  and to get some photographs.    We were well ready for another cuppa, by the time we got back to Ivy.   Up to this point in time I have taken a lot of photographs, that’s the beauty of digital, photographs can be ‘taken’, then checked out for OOF (out of focus) etc all on the one day.    From what I have seen so far I am one happy bunny .... and the day is not yet over!

21.00      Being ‘retired’ is hard work:  take my ‘today’ for instance;    getting out of bed was easy, and bawling my way through the shower, was also easy (though sair on the lugs), but from then on it was decision after decision.    Do I go down to the beach
Fog rolling back in .... over The 'Royal Burgh'!
before or after I have my breakfast?    Which camera do I take ... and do I have plenty batteries for the one I do take?    Do I go East or West when I get onto the beach;   those are all decisions that adds to the pressure of being ‘me’;   being any retired person in fact.   Another thing;   there were 16 swans in Elie Bay this morning;   I had to decide if they were Whooper’s or Bewick’s;  in the end I decided that they were Bewick’s because of their size, and the fact that they were ‘speaking’ like geese.  However, in spite of all the stresses and strains .... a happy and contented ‘retired person’ will be crawling into bed tonight to read his book!   When I think about that, I’ll have to look out another book,  I should finish the one I’m reading tonight;   that’s another ‘choice’ I’ll have to make.    And, I still have to wonder what tomorrow will bring!

Jimmy at St Monans harbour.
The Weather forecast for ‘tomorrow’ is ‘good’.... but, we might have some light drizzle early in the morning.    I’ve got a washing to hang out .... now I won’t be able to sleep for worrying about the ‘light rain’.     This is all part of being a retired ‘me’.     Of course when Maggie was around it was easy .... she made the decisions.... I hid.


Photographs : Top – the sun burning off the fog, Next – Elie Bay, Next – fog rolling back over the ‘Royal Burgh’, and Bottom – Jimmy at St Monans harbour.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....