Overcast but dry .....

11th March 2017 (Saturday)  .... 09.00   our weather has the ‘dour’ look to it this morning;  overcast, with the look of rain not far away.... but, it is forecast to
Marie Curie Coffee Morning - Elie Kirk Hall.
brighten up in the afternoon.   We have a Coffee Morning at 10.00, so our morning will be bright, regardless of what the weather is doing outside.   I’d better have a cuppa to calm me down;   I feel frolicsome, with a touch of skittish mixed in .... Spring must be in the air. 


21.30     Rain did reach us in the morning time, but we were inside the Kirk Hall enjoying coffee and goodies so it didn’t bother us.    It was a Marie Curie Coffee Morning, with the tables done in Marie Curie colours... the yellow and green of the daffodil;  this made the hall look very ‘bright and sunny’, .... a complete contrast to the weather outside.   I bought some goodies from the Home Baking stall, and a couple of
Chapel Ness - Earlsferry.
bunches of daffodils for ‘Ivy’, then sat down, drank tea  and ate goodies, while blethering to, and catching up with, Alistair and Ken... who I haven’t seen for a while.     Irene was on the golf course.    Irene ... on the golf course?
Jimmy went along to St Monans after the “CM” .... I went back to Ivy, filled the bird feeders, then made a cuppa, over the drinking of which I’d come up with a ‘Mater Plan’ for the remainder of the day.   After much deliberation, but mostly ‘cos it has stopped raining, I decided that it would be a good idea to go for a walk after lunch.   Lunch wisnae very much ... it couldn’t have been ‘cos I’ve forgotten what I did have;  anyway, I ate something then went out walking.  

 Oh my word ... I was pleasantly surprised to find ‘my’ beach, and Chapel Green, both loaded with folks enjoying being at the ‘Centre of the Universe:   one couple I talked to
John and partners on the tenth green.
had driven all the way up from Dorset!    There’s no denying it;   the villages are far busier now, in between the ‘normal’ holiday seasons, than they used to be.     This is great as it means ‘the Royal Burgh’ is alive!    Anyway, now where was I? .... oh aye walking.    I went out wearing the woolly hat and a fleece jacket .... only to discover that it was not cold... in point of fact it was warm!    However, I did enjoy the walk, blundering from place to place, and arriving back at Ivy, rosy cheeked and well ready for a cuppa, at the same time as Jimmy;  who had been down at the harbour.    The ‘bug’ that I had last weekend hasn’t half weakened the auld leg muscles .... it will take a lot more walking to get them back to fitness methinks.

Elie - from the harbour.
When I was out walking Scotland was playing ... rugby?    Scotland didn’t win today!.... in fact they were well beaten; ‘thrashed’ being the word used on the BBC report ... oh the score?    England 61 ... Scotland 21.    It’s a good job I completely forgot the game was on .... at least I enjoyed the walk.

Photographs : Top – first comers at the Marie Curie Coffee Morning today,  Next – Chapel Ness, Earlsferry, Next – John and partners on the tenth green, and Bottom – Elie from the harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....