Heavy showers ....

20th March 2017 (Monday) .... 07.00     I got ‘up’ to go for a pre-breakfast walk, only to discover a heavy rain shower rattling over.   I thought ...
KIncraig Cliffs, Earlsferry
“Albert, my boy this is not good”.      I’ll go walking’ after breakfast ... when there is less dampness around.... at the moment it looks like we could have rain showers, of the heavy variety, for the next hour or so. 


   21.00 ..... The ‘East Neuk’ did catch a few heavy showers over the day, but the intervals in between them were decent, so I was able to do things;  with today being  ‘International Happiness Day’ being able to do things made me happy.   My state of ‘being happy’ began when I went out for my morning walk;  I did ‘the Chapel Green’ walk, which meant I could keep an eye out for approaching showers, and take evasive action to avoid them;  and get back to Ivy fast.    As it was I caught up with Jimmy up
Pittenweem
at Chapel Green:  Jimmy ‘moors up’ the car at the Chapel Green turning point, which was lucky, as we arrived at the car, just as another heavy shower rattled over.   At Ivy, over a morning cuppa, we formulated a ‘plan’ for the afternoon:   we’d go to the Skeith Centre in Anstruther to get some hearing aid batteries for Jimmy;   and visit Pittenweem and at Monans harbours on the way home.


When Jimmy went off to “No 10” I decided that I’d get the ladder out and make a start of the front of Ivy:  I’d clean out the rhones.   Last year I wasn’t able to climb the ladder, and it was with some trepidation that I finally set foot on the bottom rung of it, the ladder, this year!     I needn’t have worried (and I had been worrying) as I was able to climb up and down ‘nae bother’;  this means that I’ll be able to paint Ivy;  a big relief to me.    I had been wondering if my ladder climbing days were over;  but they aren’t and I’m looking forward to painting Ivy in May... when the weather is, hopefully, mair settled.

The afternoon was spent as per ‘plan’... Anstruther, to get the hearing aids:  then
St Monans
Pittenweem and St Monans Harbours for a browse.   Pittenweem Harbour was busy, and blowy.   The ‘Sweetie Shop’ was open so we had an ice cream, and  bought some old fashioned ‘sweeties’, before going to St Monans where we caught up with Ian and Sam.  

For me ‘today’ has been a ‘happy day’,  even though my legs muscles are feeling stiff after the ladder climbing!
Photographs : Top – Kincraig cliffs, Earlsferry, Middle – Pittenweem Harbour, and Bottom – St Monans.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....