Dreich ... on an east wind ... so very dreich!

4th March 2017 (Saturday) ... the top photograph lets you see that we are not being bothered with dust this morning:   the weather is as forecast, rain with an
Elie.
Easterly wind.    Not particularly bonnie, but there are interesting photographs to be had .... keeping the camera dry is the problem.    I cut a corner out of a freezer bag and poke the lens through that!

Jimmy wants to go shopping so we’re going along to Leven .... that should pass the morning, by which time the sun will have broken through .... ?

20.30     Obviously the weather doesn’t totally dictate whether individual ‘days’ are enjoyable or not;   I have really enjoyed ‘today’.     The shopping trip to Leven was a big success;  the trolley was nigh on three quarters full.   Considering that my list had only five items on it ... the biggest being a loaf of bread;   it’s obvious that other vital
Foggy Elie beach.
necessities, omitted from the list, jumped out at me!    Everything I bought was essential.... including the bar of Hazelnut chocolate that I’m working my way through as I type.

The rain, was more or less, off when I went down to the beach after lunch, but had been replaced by thick fog:  in spite of this the beach was busy.   I ‘photographed the fog’ along to the ‘Breakwater’ and back, but was glad to get back to Ivy and have a cuppa.   Jimmy, who had been along at St Monans, ‘browsing’ the dredger working, arrived at Ivy, where we compared ‘notes’ over the mandatory ‘cuppa’.

By the time of my second visit to the beach, half an hour before sunset, the sky had
Brighter Elie beach ... and busy.
broken up a bit and ‘bloo’ bits could be seen;   in fact the sun managed to break through at one point in time, .... to light up the East end of Elie Bay.    I left the beach before the sun set as the fog was rapidly moving in again, and the sunset event was going to be hidden!

It’s ‘Communion’ at Elie Kirk tomorrow;  that will be the morning mission.   The sun is forecast to make a few ‘appearances’ tomorrow, and it is going to be warmer.   


Photographs : Top – Wet look Elie, Middle – foggy Elie, and Bottom – brighter, and busy, beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....