Quieter morning but overcast with occassional showers ....

23rd March 2107 (Drop in Cafe Day)    09.30   .... if we didn’t have the greyness, and wetness, we’d have a nice morning;   however the prognosis for the afternoon is better.... raging sunshine and multiple degrees of heat:  the sun cream has
Elie Bay this morning.
been shaken!     The wind, still from that nasty Easterly direction, has less velocity than yesterday... therefore it, the temperature, feels warmer .... welllll? ... not so much ‘warmer’ it’s just not as cold as of late.    That’s the weather sorted , now I need a ‘plan’.    I’ll have meander along the beach;  the rain is of the intermittent variety and I’m feeling lucky!


21.30    The rain never did come to ‘much’ today, but it was overcast for most of the time.... though it did ‘brighten up’ for a while in the afternoon.   By ‘brighten’ up I mean the general greyness of the sky got a bit paler in patches.    I didn’t stay long on the beach long when I was down there this morning .... I felt that, being exposed to the cold easterly wind, my delicate skin might dry up and that I could become “an auld wrinkly”.    The real reason that I departed the beach was that I saw Jimmy heading for his car up at Chapel Green, so I scurried back to Ivy to put the kettle ‘on’.    We
Earlsferry beach.
arrived at Ivy simultaneously (I used the word simultaneously to see if I could spell it correctly .... I did.   Spell it correctly).     Now I’ve forgotten what I was writing about!    Oh aye... Jimmy,  and I arrived at Ivy simultaneously after our morning walks .... well ready for a cuppa.   When I think about it ... I must have ‘scurried’ fairly fast because Jimmy was in the car .... jings I feel a tiredness coming on thinking about that!   Now I’ve forgotten where I was ... again... oh aye;   Jimmy read the newness out of the East Fife Mail... I put the subtitles on the tele and watched the BBC News from London. 
 
Jimmy having read the EFM, and me the ‘BBC News’, we then conversed, during the course of which the History Society came up:  this reminded us that we still had to pay our History Society Membership fees for the year.... or what’s left of it.    This has been done and we can now look forward to attending History Society meetings, and tormenting Alan.

We had the ‘Drop In Cafe’ in the afternoon where Pat produced a piece of cake with a candle on it;   I then remembered that it’s my birthday today.   I blew out the candle, scoffed the cake, and gave Pat a hug.      The ‘Drop in Cafe’ was buzzin’ with happy chatter this afternoon .... in fact Elizabeth had to bring more chairs into operation.   
St Monans.
This is a really pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

As per usual after the ‘cafe’ Jimmy and I ‘did’ Elie and St Monans Harbours before going back to Ivy and another cup o’ tea.

This has been a most enjoyable day in spite of the East wind and the grey sky .... and I have enjoyed my ‘birthday’ cards, and wishes from my friends on Facebook.     Yes .... I feel contented and happy tonight.


Photographs : Top – Elie Bay this morning, Middle Earlsferry Beach, and Bottom - St Monans.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....