Overcast, but dry .....

18th March 2017 (Saturday) ...11.00     Mmmmm ... we have an ‘overcast and drab’ look to the weather this morning;  but there’s little in the way of wind, so it
 Elie.
is warmer.
    I walked along to the ‘Paper Shop’, which is a 35 minute meandering wander, along the beach etc., from Ivy for me .... walking normally it’s done in 12 minutes.    It’s nice out, and it looks like it could brighten up in the afternoon.    I met ‘Dod’ at the ‘shop’;  we caught up with each other’s ‘news’ .... this included ‘ailments’.   Dod has near enough recovered from being knocked off his bike a few weeks back, though still has the bruises to remind him of the accident.   Steve arrived and the discussion turned to ‘drones’ and helicopters, and the flying of them.    A drone would be a handy piece of kit, but I’d need lessons to fly it!   

I meandered my way down to South Street and back home via the beach... meeting
The Breakwater - Elie.
Primrose on the way.  


21.30    Instead of ‘brightening up’, the weather deteriorated... with heavy rain at times in the afternoon.   I was glad that I’d gone walking earlier, though I did go down to the beach in the early part of the afternoon;   that was before the rain turned from light drizzle to ... spells of  heavy rain.   The remainder of the afternoon was spent watching Scotland beat Italy in the Six Nations... Scotland winning 29 – 0.    Jimmy arrived just after the match ended so we had a celebratory cuppa.... over which we made a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  if the weather is OK we’re going along to Dysart Harbour.    If it isn’t I’ll go to the kirk.  The weather forecast is ‘not bad’;   more chance of sunny spells after a wet night.   The last time we were at Dysart it was dull;  we’d like a bit of sunshine for tomorrow’s visit.

I’m thinking of getting the bike out.... I need some real exercise, and I can get that by
Breakwater seats.
biking.   Walking is fine, I can walk a decent distance (five miles etc) but it’s painful,  because my other knee is giving me problems:  probably needing to be ‘refurbished’.   With the bike I cover longer distances and then walk around:  but I may need to buy a new saddle for the bike.  
 

Photographs : Top – Elie beach, Middle – The Breakwater Elie, and Bottom – Seating on the Breakwater ... a bit exposed for auld folks.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....