Brisk, breezy ... and cold after an early frost

2nd March 2017 (Thursday) ..... 08.30    The combination of a brisk
First Dandelion of 2017 in Ivy garden ... I'm happy!
Northwest wind after an early morning frost means it is colder this morning:   I suppose “bright breezy and cold” would cover it.    We had a red sunrise, which looked bonnie but isn’t a good sign.... and rain showers are forecast for later in the day.    I’m feeling ‘happy’ and in a gambolling mood just now;  it must be the honey in my porridge ... and the feeling that ‘Spring things’ are happening with nature:  “Blob” being in love is one example.... and the many different floo’ers that are coming up in Ivy garden .... including my first Dandelion of the year!   Nae wonder I’m happy!


21.30    This has been a bonnie day,.... in every way.    The weather has been excellent, apart from the odd sprinkle of rain in the afternoon; and I managed to stay focused   long enough to get things done!    My first mission was to hand over the fee required
Working on the Elie Deli.
to have Maggie’s name engraved on a Memorial Stone at Elie kirk.... this involved me meandering along to the Church Hall:  ‘meandering’ is one of the best, and enjoyable skills that I have developed, and nurtured, since retiring... and one that I always enjoy!    On the way along I saw Myra and Jim who were going to the Harbour House (hereafter ‘HH’) for coffee;  I arranged to meet them at ‘HH’, after completing the above pleasurable mission.    I did this.....  handed over the cheque,  and joined Jim and Myra, who were sitting with their friends Bruce and Jackie, in ‘HH’.   Joyce was ‘sat sittin’ at another table with two of her friends .... so there was much laughter and happiness in ‘HH’ this morning.   Jimmy was seen travelling West in his car, about 10 minutes before we left ‘HH’:   I found him  ensconced in the Hutte when I arrived back at Ivy.    We had a cuppa;  Jimmy read the newness oot o’ the east Fife Mail, I browsed
The Courier;  this took me/us up to lunch time.

The afternoon we had the ‘Drop in Cafe’.    I walked to the ‘Cafe’ by way of the
The "Shearwater" dredging St Monans Harbour.
beach;   there was a half gale blowing and it was cauld, nonetheless the beach was ‘busy’.   Eventually I reached the ‘Cafe’ ....to find it busy with much happy chattering, which went on all afternoon.   It was good to see Monica there:  I thought she and Alistair were oot in South Africa! 

As is our ‘normal’ Jimmy and I went down to Elie Harbour, then along to St Monans Harbour.    Elie harbour was quiet but the sky was interesting so I managed to get a few good photos;  St Monans harbour has the dredger working in it just now so we sat in the car and ‘browsed’ that.   Funnily enough it is quite relaxing watching a boat mounted ‘Hymac’  grabbing mud from a harbour bottom;  it seems a random sort of job.    I like random.   I got some more photos!

Photographs : Top – Ivy Cottage Dandelion – the first of the 2017... Middle – work going on at Elie Deli, and Bottom -  the dredger working at St Monans.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....