Crackin' mornin' ....

1st March 2017 (Wednesday) ... 09.00     Happy happy ‘us’ .... March has certainly  “come in like a lamb” at the Centre of the Universe.    We have a lovely
Sun peeping over the East Links - Elie.
morning, after an early morning frost ... but not as hard a frost as yesterday;  and, the wind is considerably lighter, therefore less wind chill to contend with.    It’s a lovely day for a walk;  which I’m going to do after this update .... and, after the sun gets round to Ivy garden I’ll do some, much needed, tidying up out there. 



20.30     It will be hard to believe but I did in fact do some gardening this afternoon.    Not much, but enough to make me feel ‘weak and tired’!    I also found time to go down to the beach another three times times, so I’ve had a fair amount of exercise... and plenty fresh air.    I’m a tired boy tonight;  and definitely looking forward to popping into bed and reading my book.
We’ve had another ‘Spring like’ day, with warm sunshine, though there was a light breeze that knocked a degree or so orf the temperature when out ‘in the open’;  down
Threaten cloud over Earlsferry.
on the beach being a good example.   I was well covered up every time I was down there.

My second visit to the beach was really the most enjoyable, because we have a ‘spring’ tide just now and it was way out.     Low tide was at 10.16 which fitted in nicely with my schedule (schedule?).    I left Ivy an hour and a quarter before low tide (why could I not have made it easy and written ...09.00) and was back in Ivy at 10.40.... that was an enjoyable hour and a bit.    I only walked 1.66 kilometres, a little bit over one mile, in that time;  but I was in my element.   I don’t know what it is with being down at the edge of the water on ‘spring’ tides, but I have to be there:   and the sewage pipe gets me down there nae bother.   Out ‘there’ I can potter about on all the exposed sand, and rocks, and just ... well ... ‘fall apart’.    Next ‘spring’ tide I’m going to go down wearing wellies ... this will greatly extend my range.... especially if I’m only wearing wellies!    The mind boggles!

Today I made/concocted my first ever Chicken Korma!    Everything was perfect .... er ... except for the naan bread.   I had it in the grill and for some unknown reason it ended up looking like a seriously dark coloured crisp.    It’s a good job I have  my own teeth!    Yes I ate most of it;  the 'crisp' i.e.    The Korma was excellent and easy to eat.
Now there's the way to travel!

Tomorrow we have the “Drop in Cafe” in the afternoon, so any work (?) will have to be done in the morning.    Once again the weather forecast is ‘good’, but it is going to be windier so will feel colder, and there may be the chance of showers in the afternoon.

Photographs : Top – Sunrise over the East Links, Middle – threatening cloud over teh ‘Royal Burgh’, Bottom – now there’s the way to travel!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....