Frisky morning ....

17th Match 2017 (Friday) .... “Happy St Patrick’s Day” to everyone .... have a great day wherever you are!”

09.00    With the weather forecast being a bit on the ‘iffy’ side, I went out walking at
Interesting sky.
06.45;  it was breezy, and cold, but at least it was dry .... it still is breezy and dry, but the sky has become more threatening in the past hour .... but, even it, or when the rain does arrive, I’ve had some exercise.    Jimmy is going to do his “Alice’s seat” walk, then the ‘plan’ is to go to Leven for a cuppa in Sainsbury’s;   and some ‘shopping’. 


20.30     The weather did turn ‘dreich’ and cold, and it still is;   Ivy Cottage hatches are battened down and I will be in bed, with my book, by 21.30.  
Jimmy and I went to Leven as per ‘plan’ ..... Jimmy wanted to get some super quick to
The Ferry beach.
make porridge;  I’d browse.    Well browsing has its results at times.   Today I bought ‘Ocean Spray’ Cranberry Juice priced at £1 for a litre and a half carton;   in Sainsbury’s a litre carton cost £2.50.     It is the exact same Cranberry juice ... and the ‘cheap shop’ (The Bargain Store) is making profit on it!    It was the same with Jimmy’s porridge;  today he paid £1 for three tubs... and 99p for one in ‘The Store’ in Ainster the other day.... it was Quaker brand porridge in both shops. 
    
The ‘Bargain Store’, does not have everything, such as ‘Duck in Plum Sauce’ ready meals, which I am partial to, now and again  .... Sainsbury’s does, and they have a Cafe;  so we went ‘ower the road’ to Sainsbury’s, where I got the ‘DiPS’, and some other bits and pieces, followed by a cuppa upstairs.    I enjoyed ‘shopping’ today, but
Elie Bay.
the cup o’ tea in the Cafe was the best bit.

My afternoon was spent finishing orf the Presentation for the EKC Guild next week;   all I need to do is have a ‘trial run’ before I go to bed .... if the ‘zapper’ batteries are OK.    I’ll get new batteries ‘ra morra’ anyway.

It might not have been the bonniest of ‘days’ re weather but I’m happy and contented tonight.    I’m off to get the ‘zapper’ and have a ‘run through’ of the Presentation.


Photographs : all taken on the beach this morning. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....