rarin' tae go ....

26th August 2017 (Saturday) .... 08.00    I’ve been ‘fired up’ since dawn cracked this morning, but we’ve got light rain so this has put my perkiness at a peep....however, it looks like it’s going to clear up soon, I see blue sky moving over
This morning from the tenth fairway.
from the West.     This calls for a quick cuppa, before I  get the bike out. 


  20.00    Either my arms are shorter or my legs longer!    Why do I think this?.... because it’s getting harder to reach my feet to cut my ‘tae nails’.    But forget my pediatric skills;  we’ve had a gorgeous summer like day.   If it keeps going like this all the individual, ‘summer like’, days added will give us a three week long summer.

The early morning rain didn’t last long and I went out on the bike;  with money in my pocket to go to the RNLI Coffee Morning on the way home.   The ‘plan’ was to photograph my way round Chapel Green, then up to Kinneuchar, and  through the estate to the Coffee Morning.    I did everything bar the Coffee Morning... I completely forgot about it.    At one point I was within 50 metres of the Kirk Hall,.... biking happily along Elie High Street, thinking of the photographs I’d taken.    I’d downloaded the photographs when Jimmy phoned , at 11.40 to ask me where I’d been;   suddenly I
Glistening Ink Cap (coprinellus micaceus)fungi.
remembered the coffee morning.    It was soon after this conversation that I decided to go orf on a tangent and do my ‘tae nails’.

In the afternoon Jimmy phoned to ask me where I’d been about 13.00  as he’d been along at Ivy and found the doors locked!    I had taken a quick trip down to the beach and back to try out my tae nails.   They were excellent ... so much so that I might go for a walk tomorrow.     Being as we were on the phone I asked Jimmy if he fancied a cuppa up at the Boss’s Seat:  I’d make the coffee/tea and he’d pick me up at the Ferry Corner.    While waiting at the Ferry Corner I met Steve, a gentleman from London who had been out for a walk with his wife and their granddaughter.    Steve has been doing family research and has found the actual house that his ancestors lived in... in Dollar.... and will be going along there in the next few days.    I meet a lot of interesting visitors that come to our villages.

Jimmy and I went up to Chapel Green... and it was busy.    One young lad was in the middle of an exercise routine;    my word he was fit.    Then again when I was his age I
The view from Maggie's Seat this afternoon.
was fit too.    Jimmy and I felt quite tired by the time he’d finished, and had to have another cuppa... and a piece of carrot cake to replace the calories we’d burnt.    Suzanne came past, on her way ‘round the Chapel’, followed, not long after, by Myra out walking ‘Sooper Dawg’.   We chatted to Suzanne and Myra, plus loads of other people;    I’d say that our cuppa up at Chapel Green was a good way to spend an hour on a bonnie afternoon.

I’ll be glad to get orf to bed tonight... I’m feeling weak after a busy day enjoying myself, on a gorgeous day.   The weather forecast for tomorrow is much the same as today... good sunny spells, with the chance of a shower later.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ .... but I’m going to make the best of the good weather.

Photographs : Top – ‘this morning’ from the tenth fairway, Middle – Glistening Ink Cap fungi, the darker ones are the open version of the golden brown ones, and Bottom -  the scene from Maggie’s seat this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....