Largo Camera Club exhibition ....

5th August 2017 (Saturday) .... 08.00    Joyful ‘me’ .... it’s a nice fresh morning, and not raining.   There’s an autumnal feel to the air, and there is a lot of
Interesting clouds .
cloud about, (interesting cloud) .... but it looks like we could see the sun a few times today.    My ‘plan’ is to do some ‘ousework this morrrrrrning... and perhaps some gardening once it dries out a bit.... then get out after lunch;   weather permitting.  



 20.00   The evening has turned out to be the best part of the day as far as the weather goes....being  mostly ‘bright and sunny’.      Prior to evening time we had been plagued with heavy showers:  however I didn’t get soaked today, though I just managed to get back to Ivy as one of the heavy showers was beginning to get really going.    I was wet.... but not soaked through.    I’d biked down to the Sailing Club to have a look round the Largo Camera Club Photograph Exhibition;   and was pleasantly surprised to discover that I’d won

Elie Harbour

Elie harbour... with the Largo Camera Club signboard .
the ‘local’ competition with a photo of Janice paddling in the ‘Royal’ sea.  

The Exhibition has a wide range of excellent photos, mostly of the East Neuk, for sale at very affordable prices; it is well worth taking a walk down to the harbour to have a browse round.    The Exhibition is open tomorrow (Sunday), and Monday.     There is much for me to learn from seeing how other folk look at subjects around Elie and Earlsferry:   I shall ‘spread my wings’, and look at  other parts of the East Neuk with renewed vision.... and vigour.    After the holiday season quietens down!

The showers were heavy and frequent this afternoon and I had to choose my time carefully before setting off for Ivy.    I passed the ‘Ship Inn’ as the competitors in the local Triathlon competitors were being piped onto the beach;   I managed to get a few photos of them, the competitors, wetting their wet suits before the start, but the rain started in earnest so I had to ‘bag’ the camera and head for Ivy ... in a hurry!   That was the shower that caught me.    Since then we’ve had a few more showers, so the bike has been put away, and I am ‘in’ for the night;   unless I take a walk down to the beach before bedtime.

Photographs : Top – interesting clouds over the Bay this morning, Middle – Elie Bay, and Bottom – Elie Harbour, with the Largo Camera Club notice board in the foreground.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....