Quiet villages ....

13th August 2017 (Sunday) .... 08.30     Jings the village was quiet this morning .... with only John, a singleton jogger, myself, and the ‘Paper Shop’ staff
Peaceful morning.
 visible first thing;  however the ‘active’ population had increased by the time I was on my way home.    It is a lovely morning by the way;   there’s a touch of autumn in the air... perfect for being ‘up and out’ early.    It’s strange how fireworks are only set orf late at night .... one of those ‘banger’ things at 06.00 would have had everyone ‘up’, and out,  enjoying the Elie and Earlsferry early morning vibes.    


20.30     Today I managed to get out on the bike three times .... first time was early morning.. the second when I had a mid-morning flask of coffee up at the Boss’s Seat ...
Elie - at 07.30
and the third time was  late in the afternoon, after I’d  repaired a puncture .    I’d noticed that the rear tyre was losing pressure, but today it was absolutely flat.   There was a thorn in the tyre,.... that’s the usual cause of punctures around this neck of the woods .... it had punctured the tube in two places about half an inch apart.    I found, and removed, the thorn so everything is back to normal again.    Biking is my way of keeping fit.

We have had a lovely day... sunny and warm.    Jimmy and I went along to Sainsbury’s for a cuppa before lunch;   I did a wee shopping when we were there.    I’ve been fancying a Fish Pie so I bought two different ‘pies’ by the same producer .... Young.    One is ‘The Admiral’s Fish Pie’ ... and the other ‘The Fisherman’s Pie’.    The Admiral’s Pie I had for dinner;   it was tasty;   but not as tasty as the salmon and prawn Pie that Tesco’s stock;  they are scrumptious.... and well worth a trip up to Cupar soon.

All the folk I passed the time of afternoon with, when I was up at Chapel Green,  told
Lovely afternoon.
me that rain is forecast for tomorrow .... as in a lot of rain;  so there won’t be any biking done.     I have my annual ‘hypertension’ appointment tomorrow morning;   I’m trying to be relaxed about it, but ‘white coat’ syndrome is sure to cut in... even with Laurie.    When I think of it I may as well go shopping after my appointment .... if it’s going to be wet anyway.


Photographs : Top and Middle – “this morning” ....  at both ends of the Bay, and Bottom –  lovely, late afternoon.... with boats scampering about all over the place.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....