Bright and breezy ... and so is the weather

19th August 2017 (Saturday) ... 09.00    There’s a frisky Northwest wind this morning.... apart from that wind, and it being cool, it’s a lovely, fresh morning; 
The 'Ice Cream' shop at Pittenweem harbour.
but really windy, and cauld, down at the harbour.    My immediate ‘plan’ is to make a flask of Coffee, and one of Lemon Tea, so that Jimmy and I can have our morning cuppa on The Boss’s seat;  it, The Boss’s seat, is sheltered from the west wind.    Linda and John have already been up there and left a posy of flowers ;   for the first time I was unable to put a Dunblane Rose on the seat .... because of the wet summer.


20.30     The frisky wind became really frisky round about midday;  this friskiness curtailed my biking plans.   I’d been out on the bike, three times round the villages on special missions,  so I’ve done ‘nae bad’ for exercise.     One of the missions was ‘Morning Coffee’ on the Boss’s Seat;   Jimmy missed that because he was coming down, from Chapel Green, as I was going up:  we had another ‘morning coffee’ in the Hutte.   

West Shore .... Pittenweem.
After pruning one of the rose bushes, I decided that it might be too early in the season to do this;  I Googled the subject, and it turns out that I can prune them lightly After summer(?) then ‘hit them’ in March.    I’ll continue with the pruning ‘ra morra’.
Jimmy was at a loose end in the afternoon;  we had a cuppa and made plan:  to go along to St Monans harbour, Pittenweem harbour, then come home by a circuitous route.    Sam (Jimmy’s grandson) was blowing up flat things, with a compressor, in St Monans, ... they were round when he finished, .... we had an ice cream in Pittenweem, and then  travelled back to Elie via the dump
Pittenweem Harbour.
(Pittenweem) , Arncroach, and Kinneuchar.   This filled in the afternoon nicely.
    It’s strange;  when I’m sitting in Ivy I notice if I have any ‘sair bits’;   as soon as I go out with the camera, they, the sair bits, vanish.   I took the last of my antibiotic pills today and they have been ‘bothersome’.... I should begin to get back to normal tomorrow.    Jings.... that’s another thing to worry about .... being ‘normal’.

Tomorrow is forecast to be slightly warmer, and less windy... with the chance of showers later.

Photographs : Top – the Ice Cream shop at Pittenweem harbour, Middle – West Shore, Pittenweem, and Bottom – Pittenweem harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....