Mmmmm ... bad hair day ... it's raining

1st August 2017 (Tuesday) .... 07.30    Hmmmmm .... I got the bike out then it began to spit rain:   I’m not surprised at this because it is overcast, and very ‘rainy’
Leven High Street.
looking;   and also ‘rainy’ feeling.    The new ‘plan’ is to go to Leven and have my hair cut.... maybe.


10.30     That was quick!    I’ve been to Leven, on the bus (X60);   had my hair cut, a cuppa in Stuarts, and back in ‘Ivy’ by 10.10 ... having left Elie At 08.23.   It was dry walking along to Elie, but  very very wet walking back .    That’s two times  I have been soaked to the skin, from the waist down, in the past couple of days.   Having said that, the rain has moved away in the last ten minutes and we have wall to wall ‘bloo’ sky now.    I’m a happy ‘bunny’... it looks like I may get out on the bike after all.    In the meantime, I’m ready for another ‘fly cup’.

22.30    I did get out on the bike in the afternoon .... and caught the end of another heavy shower on the way home.... but I didn’t get ‘soaked to the skin’ this time. 
 
Kilconquhar Kirk.
The clouds began to build this afternoon, so I decided to go up to North Lodge (Elie Estate) and bike through the Estate, hoping for some photos of the kirk, and clouds, reflected in the loch.   What wind there was dropped to near enough zero, just as I reached the ‘Boat House’ .... and there was the kirk... upside down in the loch.    I got ever so slightly carried away and forgot to keep an eye on the weather, which is why I got caught by the edge of the above mentioned shower.    After sheltering under a tree for a few minutes, I worked out that, according to “Sod’s Law” the rain wouldn’t stop until I got to Ivy anyway:  so I continued on my merry way.    And .... yes ...  the rain did stop just after I got home.    That said we’ve had a few spits and spots of rain since then.    Tomorrow is forecast to be much the same as today ....’sunshine and
Former Kilconquhar manse.
showers’, but it could be cloudier later.

‘Nae plans’ formulated yet for tomorrow, but I’d like to get out on the bike at some point;  depends on the weather really.    It doesn’t look like we’re going to have much of a summer this year;  I’d like a few weeks on continual sunshine... not just a few days.... in fact the few weeks (of summer) could begin tomorrow!


Photographs : Top – a wet Leven High Street, Middle – Kinneuchar Kirk and loch, Bottom – Old manse, Kilconquhar.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....