Harvest time ....

10th August 2017 (Thursday) ....  It’s ‘bright and sunny’ with a brisk Northwest breeze and quite chilly ....   its nearing the temperature when I’ll need gloves when out on the bike early.... but a nice morning for doing things.    ‘Doing
My trusty bike moored up to a bale.
things’ reminds me;   I was sitting on The Bosses seat dreaming, when I noticed a lady doing some exercises;   she must be the most supple person I have ever seen;  some of the exercises were incredible.    I came to the conclusion she had to be either a gymnast or a dancer.   Beginning to feel old I abandoned the Boss’s Seat, (and the lady) to have a look at what was happening on the Firth ... and saw, what I assume was an immature dolphin jumping...., but there was only one, and dolphins don’t travel alone.    It was jumping vertically with very little forward movement, and disappeared after a minute of this ‘jumping’, .... now I wonder if it could have been a big salmon. 

20.00    ‘The Boy’ is going to sleep well tonight .... I’m tired now, having done a bit of
Field near Kilconquhar.
biking, wandered round a stubble field... and the broon bucket is full tae the eyeballs.     It has been a good day for ‘doing things.      ‘Dod’ and Jimmy arrived in the middle of the afternoon and we had a cuppa and sorted out ‘things local’.    ‘Dod’ went orf home with Marilyn’s scone recipe;  this has given me the urge to make some ‘Marilyn Scones’;   “Puku” likes fresh baked scones!     Baking may be one of my missions tomorrow, because .... we may get a touch of  ‘dampness’ .

Harvest time is one of my favourite times of the year, with much change happening on the farmland.... and loads of stubble fields to potter through.   Donald (our local farmer) was warming up the combine harvester when I passed St Ford Farm this
Stubble.
morning, so I should get some action shots... hopefully tomorrow;   if Donald is combining.   The weather forecast isn’t as good as we’ve had for the past three days... we could catch a shower.... which would bring harvesting to a halt.

I see on the News that two ‘bullies’ are threatening each other (and us) with their nuclear toys.    Why can’t they grow up, and look around at the Planet we all live on .... there is no Planet ‘B’!


Photographs : Top – the bike ‘moored up’ to a bale, Middle – bales in a field near Kilconquhar Church, and Bottom – stubble.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....