Autumnal .....

4th August 2017 (Friday) ..... 08.30    Oh dear .... it’s overcast and windy,  with spits and spots of rain just now;  which is more or less as per forecast for this
Elie and Earlsferry this morning.
time of the morning.    We should have ‘sunny spells with showers’ later.     Oops .... the bike seat will be getting wet..... not good.     Back in a mo’.    Bike seat now covered;  very necessary, because  it looks like there’s a succession of showers coming over.    My
immediate ‘plan’ is to bike up to Elie for the paper... after this shower has passed.   I’m thinking;   the Buddleia bush (outside the computer room window, has never been bejewelled with butterflies this summer:    so far a single Small Tortoiseshell is all I have seen. 


  20.00     Oh my word .... the sky began to lighten up at 18.00, and the sun threatened to break through;  this had me running for the sun cream.    Having said that the weather forecasters  did have us down for ‘some periods of brightness’ today.... I suppose one reasonably bright period will have to do.   I actually left the bike out, with the intention of going out in the afternoon, but we had too many showers/spells of light rain, so that ‘plan’ never became operational.     The weather forecast for tomorrow is
Creel boat 'Unicorn' coming in.
‘slightly better’ ....  ‘sunshine and showers’.   Maybe.   Earlier this evening I fancied going for a walk but another spell of light rain put an end to that:  I haven’t been overly lucky with the weather this afternoon/evening.


This morning I did remember to go to the ‘sailing Club’ with my entries for the Photography Exhibition;   which is ‘on’, Saturday and Sunday.... 5th and 6th August.   Weather permitting I’ll have a run down there in tomorrow afternoon to have a ‘browse’.  

The harbour area was busy, on and off the water this morning;   the sky was overcast, but at least it wasn’t raining then.     There was a man kite surfing and he is really
Elie Harbour beach.... with two wind surfing kites.
good:  today he was teaching his son  the finer points:  I’m assuming it was his son.    This man is brilliant skimming over the water, but when he stops, and is ‘stood staunin’, with the kite just ‘hanging’ in the wind above him... completely under control , nonchalantly holding it with one hand:  actually, for a few minutes they were both doing it,  father and son,  two kites ‘hanging’ there...now that was ‘cool’.   I hope they are down there tomorrow;   I only had the wee camera with me today .... tomorrow I’ll take one of the bigger, more versatile, ones with me.

Photographs : Top – 09.30 this morning, Middle – Elie Harbour around midday, and Bottom – Elie harbour beach .... with two wind surfing kites.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....