Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness....

21st August 2017 (Monday) .... 09.30    Oh my word .... we have an absolutely stunning morning.... a proper “season of mists and mellow fruitfulness” morning.    I went out at 06.50 and got back to Ivy at 08.40.   In between those times I
Elie, from Chapel Green... at 07.00.
went up to Chapel Green, Elie Estate and Kinneuchar Loch, then down to Elie Harbour;   I was ready for breakfast by the time I got back to Ivy.... but I was happy, and I hadn’t been ‘happy’ when I woke up;   being stressed a bit, thinking about the parking situation in the ‘Royal Burgh’.... a problem that rapidly evaporated when I got going on the bike.

The seaweed harvesters were down at Chapel Ness.... you hardly know they are there, because they don’t talk much, presumably in case they disturb the ‘village’;   I wouldn’t make a good seaweed harvester.    There was a bonnie ‘light’ about... with fog coming in, but at that time the sun was shining.    From Chapel Green  I went up to the Loch ....  the  water was like a mirror.    A Wood Pigeon started cooing behind me, and a cow mooing somewhere to the east of me.... stuff that dreams are made of.    I ‘hung
Kinneuchar Loch.
around’ the boathouse area hoping the ‘swan’ family would make an appearance.... but they didn’t.     I poodled my way down to Elie.... and the fog.   On the way down The Terrace I met Graham out walking ‘Sapper’.... then scampered my way home. 


  20.00     This has been an enjoyable day;  I’ve had a healthy amount of exercise, and taken a ‘number’ of, what I think are good reflection photographs.    I met, and chatted to Tom Scotland up at Chapel Green ....having gone up there at 11.00 to get a few misty photographs.... I didn’t realise it was Tom until he introduced himself.   We talked about how much the village, Earlsferry,  has changed in the past 60 years.... the  number of shops we used to have,
Kinneuchar loch.
and the ‘community’ around the shops;   although the village hasn’t changed that much physically, the ‘locals’ are few in number;  however the few ‘locals’ that are left, have been bolstered by folks retiring to the village, and the ‘new community’, albeit small in number, is fiercely proud of the heritage of the village....  the ‘Royal Burgh of Earlsferry’.     Oh Oh  ... a migraine has kicked in;  it must be the change in the weather;  and the wind direction.


The forecast for tomorrow is not brilliant, though rain is supposed to pass over us overnight, leaving us with a grey, possibly wet at times day tomorrow.

Photographs : Top – Elie from Chapel Green at 07.00, Middle and Bottom -  Kilconquhar Loch.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....